Making the trade bonus slightly less powerful for the LT40 like games?

Current and future games
wieder

Making the trade bonus slightly less powerful for the LT40 like games?

Post by wieder »

Meaning more experimental games.

What about making the markets, banks, stocks and super highways to give 40% bonus instead of 50%? The original bonus on civ2civ3 was 25%.

Another option would be making marco polo slightly less powerful.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I think Marco Polo should be abolished altogether. I't just adds a number, nothing else. Not much of a wonder in terms of strategy. It's just BORING.

I'd say that all numbers in the game are fine. Innovation should go toward concepts, not changing percentages.
Last edited by Corbeau on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

I think the concept wieder is working towards is lessoning the democracy trade strategy. With market, bank, stock and highways, big cities have no problem with unhappiness.

I see the thought and don't disagree. But if moving down to 40%, I think market should be cheaper, like 30 shield. It's already too expensive.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Marco Polo was intended to be a replacement for the missing trade routes. Maybe it should be removed and the trade building made cheaper while kept with 50% bonus.

What governments in the history would have been able to use the Trade Company? Somehow it feels like monarchy yes but maybe democracy no? Fundamentalism yes but republic no? Then again I have very poor knowledge of the early republics :)