Yet another very important team selection proposal

Current and future games
fran

Yet another very important team selection proposal

Post by fran »

Common procedure has it that the admin first decides how many teams there are in a game and then the players that signed on are distributed on teams by whomever/whatever.
I propose as an alternative procedure to first decide on team size. Everybody that wants to take part in that game has to assemble a team and apply for participation. For example 5 could be a reasonable number.
The number of teams doesn't matter, important is that the team-mates know each other at least partly and want to play with each other. That is what a team is all about.
If there are players that want to take part but have no team, the admin can do 2 things, but that should be
exceptions.
He can distribute new players on the existing teams, bringing the number to 6 for example, if the particular team agrees.
Or he can form new teams. But I think this shouldn't happen.
Because the purpose of this is to break the "I don't care with whom I play if I play and how long I play" attitude
that is connected with the current sign-on policy on longturn.
People don't talk coming, don't talk playing and don't talk leaving. That has nothing to do with team game.
In a nutshell:
Only allow small-sized pre-assembled teams to sign on for a team game.
Don't care how many teams there are in the end.
Last edited by fran on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Fran's idea about team size is very good and very important.
First of all, large teams are hard to maintain, and some players have unfair positions surrounded by other teammates - of course it is safe ground but with no perspectives. 5 seems to be optimal number, also from the technology point of view.
Secondly, it will be clear, who is the team captain.
Hans_Lemurson

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

Wahazar wrote:Fran's idea about team size is very good and very important.
First of all, large teams are hard to maintain, and some players have unfair positions surrounded by other teammates - of course it is safe ground but with no perspectives. 5 seems to be optimal number, also from the technology point of view.
Secondly, it will be clear, who is the team captain.
Yes, clear Team-Captains is essential!

Fran's and Corbeau's ideas should combine well.