#1 2012-04-07 20:08:14

elrik
Player

Time limit for being online in a turn

I`ve heard that Terror already has right path. So i have some questions:
1. is that true and this path exist
2. how good is it? good enough to put into regular game or should go to EX first?
3. Do you like such change? I think that it is a realy good idea

#2 2012-04-07 22:01:51

Kryon
Player

Re: Time limit for being online in a turn

you mean "patch"?

#3 2012-04-08 20:33:49

mrsynical
Player

elrik wrote:

I`ve heard that Terror already has right path. So i have some questions:
1. is that true and this path exist
2. how good is it? good enough to put into regular game or should go to EX first?
3. Do you like such change? I think that it is a realy good idea

Time limit patch would be very good. The excuse that I can't be bothered entering password is lame.

Maybe there could be a "remember password" button on the client? Or maybe the password could be hardcoded into the short cut?

#4 2012-04-11 16:02:54

IllvilJa
Player

Hm.  What time limits do we talk about? Being online 90% of a turn? 5%?

Anyway...

ILLVILJA SUGGESTS 'NO'

Rationale: Time limit increase IRL complexity to playing the game.  Keeping a client up all the time is an easy way to play it when prioritizing IRL life before the game smile.  Also, easier to use the chat, IMHO.

I don't care about loggers taking advantage of it.  Let them have their fun.

But yes, this suggestion is mostly based on my whimsical personal preferences (which don't make me particularly unique... wink ).

(However, if it is useful to limit server resource usage, then I can understand it...  And yes, the concept of time limiting is quite common in long term strategy games like longturn Freeciv.)

/Jakob

Last edited by IllvilJa (2012-04-11 16:03:31)

#5 2012-04-11 18:57:14

elrik
Player

Even in advanced part of game 6h(8, 10 or 12) for example is much more than you need to make your moves. So for anyone who wants only play and have fun such limit makes no change at all.

#6 2012-04-11 19:06:29

KG
Player

There is also one possible plus of such solution. If we would make the account set from "moving" to "ready" automatically after time run out there is a chance that all players will do their turns before tc time and this would make game go a bit faster. The only drawback is that idlers will block this for sure but this will make us fight with idlers more, which is good I think smile

Board footer