Terrain limiting the moves for some units

Current and future games
wieder

Terrain limiting the moves for some units

Post by wieder »

I got a message from one of the players telling that the ruleset is too weird because it for example prevents chariots from attacking mountains even while there is only an explorer blocking the other units from moving. Blocking with the ZoC.

What do you think? Should we do something about this or is it something that the game should have?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I don't understand. I thought chariot is unable to attack no-road mountain regardless of ZoC.

As for ZoC, non-military units (Explorers, Settlers, Workers, Engineers, Diplomats, Spies... maybe I missed some) should not impose it. It was like that in some versions, maybe even previous LTs. I'm surprised that this is now on.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah, they can't attack there without roads. In this case a player thought that it doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure how to turn off the ZoC for units like explorer. Might make sense to turn it off if someone figures out how.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Oh... I was sure that ZOC flag does exactly that... So, in short, it turns out that all units exert Zones of Control - even the non-military ones - and that it's hard-coded... Weird.