I Don't Know How to access Freeciv

everything else
firered

I Don't Know How to access Freeciv

Post by firered »

I created my account. But i don't know the steps into getting in the game. Is there a manual/guide i can see?
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

firered wrote:I created my account. But i don't know the steps into getting in the game. Is there a manual/guide i can see?
Welcome!

For game manuals of the Freeciv client you can check here (http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). When you know how to use Freeciv you can sign up through www.longturn.org at a specific game. If you sign up for a game that's still in pregame you need to wait till the game starts, but if you sign up for LTeX23 you should be able to log in with your account name and the server name and port number displayed on the website (after you start up Freeciv, click on 'connect to network game', then fill in the server name (e.g. ltex23.longturn.org) at "host", and the port number and your account name.

Let us know if you run into problems.
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

Can you use version 2.3.1 for windows with LTeX23B? When I look at the meta sever all the games are version 2.3.1, And I do not see the ports for the current game that is going on. I just wanted to make sure when the time comes I will be able to join a game and really be part of the community.
KG

Post by KG »

Our servers are not listed on metaserver. You need to write host and port manually.