LT36 will start January 2nd 2016

Finished (teamless)
wieder

LT36 will start January 2nd 2016

Post by wieder »

The signups will be open until the game starts. However there is a risk that last minute signups will remain unnoticed (this is not automated) so please sign up sooner than later. This will also help us planning the map. The exact hour when the game will be started is unknown but if it's like in the last game it will happen during the evening of Jan 2nd. Evening time in Poland, Finland, UK... Something like that. If you want to play it safe you will sign up December 31th at the latest no matter what your time zone is.

The first turn will be 3*23h and after that the game will proceed in 23h turns.

Sorry about the delayed start. I wish we would have been able to start it at an earlier time. This is the first Longturn game with Freeciv 2.5 and there has been some issues with migrating from Freeciv 2.3. Now we feel confident enough to start the game at that time.

LT36 using Freeciv 2.5 means that you will need to have a Freeciv 2.5 client. A Freeciv 2.3 or 2.4 client will not do.

We could still use some more players to the game but I'm sure this will be a great game no matter how many more players we will have :)

The actual map has not been decided yet. Maybe we could use LT35 style map or maybe a map with few continents and huge oceans.

The highlight for LT36 are:

- more naval action and the ships can now actually escape after attacking
- easier to build your economy even if you want to fight early wars
- improved promotions system meaning you get some seriously promoted units if you go for military action
- some wonders only one nation can get meaning that there is an actual reward for getting there first

- almost no limits to alliance sizes allowing the smaller nations or newcomers to fight back if the big guys become too powerful
- peaceful nations will be able to protect themselves with cheaper defensive units if they are willing to do that
- growing the cities is easier and gives an actual option to conquering other nations
- there is a 2nd palace making it easy and effective to build far away colonies if you want to. No more devastating corruption and waste!

- techs become cheaper every time anyone else gets them
- space race is enabled and not too expensive
- no more secrecy! All players getting electricity will be able to get an embassy with *everyone* and it doen't cost too much!
- the fighters and some other units are no longer as powerful they were in LT34. They have a shorter range and will actually need carriers to be effective!

There will be a test game or two before the actual start date. It's highly recommended to connect at least once to a test game to make sure your client works well with Freeciv 2.5.

It's also possible to comment to the ruleset and suggest changes. All feedback is welcome!

The ruleset can be found here: https://github.com/longturn/games/tree/master/LT36

I will post a summary of the changes in comparison to Freeciv 2.5 civ2civ3 ruleset before the game starts.
wieder

Post by wieder »

I was thinking about opening confirmations next week but yeah, I'm not actually sure about for how long time they have been open in the past?

Also sorry about lots of unresponded e-mails. I can currently read the mails from my phone and even send a short reply. Some trouble with getting it open with a browser.

There is also time to propose map settings. I'll experiment with it next week.