A new game, inofficial, classic, just for fun?

Current and future games
Corbeau

A new game, inofficial, classic, just for fun?

Post by Corbeau »

Would anyone be interested to start a new game, like, soonish? What I'd prefer would be based on GT09 ruleset: x2 movement and everything else basically Civ2Civ3, although I'd like to tone down trade routes (at least per-turn revenue, or total, if fixing only-per-turn is not possible).

I did intend to try a drastically new ruleset, but I can't get the time to finish it, and I'd like to play almost anything. So, anyone else?
wieder

Post by wieder »

I have no idea if you would be interested about playing LT36, but it's probably the next game here on LT if we want to play with Freeciv 2.5. I'll start preparing the ruleset in mid September. Unless of course someone else can do the ruleset before I have time for it.

LT36 is planned to be a 2.5 game and the ruleset should look like the one LT35 has. Here are the changes for LT35 in comparison to LT34: http://forum.longturn.org/viewtopic.php?id=552

It's most likely that LT36 will not have alliance size limits and the game can be won with the space race. However there are 3x moves.

Any idea whre to find the GT09 ruleset?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I don't want to play LT36 for all the reasons I listed in my analysis of LT34. I'm not saying it's bad or that other people shouldn't play it, it's just that I don't feel it's my kind of game. I was literally bored during the last month or two of LT34. Once you're in a firm alliance, your path regarding diplomacy is set (because of alliance victory), which means "no diplomacy" and I like diplomacy more than anything; also, blitzkrieg on a planetary level (because of movement x3 and also other things) is just not my thing .

GT09 ruleset is here and a review of settings is here. But I'm not really fixated on that one, it's just that it was pretty standard and straightforward.
Last edited by Corbeau on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.