Civ2Civ3 wonder building question (simple)

Advice, tricks, strategies and best practices about how to build a great empire.
aeronaut

Civ2Civ3 wonder building question (simple)

Post by aeronaut »

The wonders now list a property that 'other cities can help build wonder'. I can't seem to find how to do that. Say city A is building the Hanging Gardens, and city B wants its production to contribute to that. Does the wonder allow that, or do I have to revert to the old school method of making Caravans and sending them to the city to help build wonder, or is there some new mechanism?

Aeronaut
(looking forward to LT79 starting)
aeronaut

Post by aeronaut »

Here's the message in the help description of the wonders:

* Makes it possible to target the city building it with the action 'Help build Wonder'.

Just can't figure out how to do this.
jwrober

Post by jwrober »

If you have learned Trade, you can build Caravan units. These special units allow you to move production from one city to the other. Build a Caravan in another city and move it to the city building the wonder. "Walk" the Caravan unit into the city and a pop-up message will appear asking you if you want to help build the wonder.
aeronaut

Post by aeronaut »

So it's the same method as Civ2, build a caravan and send it to the city building the wonder. OK. I thought it might be different, that you could directly tell city B to contribute its production to city B's wonder. Thanks.