LT43 has started

Finished (Teamless)
wieder

LT43 has started

Post by wieder »

Good luck with the game and remember to check the winning conditions.
Kingi

Post by Kingi »

I cant seem to login to the server from either a windows or linux client (both cases say incorrect password, the passwords correct because i can login here)

U/N: kingi
server: longturn.org
port: 5043

Ive disabled all firewalls, any ideas??

Cheers

P.S I have successfully logged into the test server previosly
Last edited by Kingi on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Jesus... I forgot to confirm participation... And I was sure I did... Oh well. If there is an idler soon, please put me on the list.

Or if the game restarts for any reason, please put me in manually :D
Last edited by Corbeau on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Kingi, not sure what's the problem really. I could reset your password if you can confirm there is still a problem. The email on your user account works, yes?

And corbeau... Too many veteran players postpone the confirmations and this is what sometimes happens. I'll see what can be done.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I didn't postpone it. I apparently forgot about it at one moment and afterwards was sure that I actually did it (while I really didn't).
Last edited by Corbeau on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingi

Post by Kingi »

Hi weider,

I have updated my password on longturn.org via the forgotten password link, i then cleared my browser cookies and logged back in with the new credentials to make this post. But I still cannot connect to the game using the exact credentials I just used to login here :) Is there a delay synchronizing the credentials between game server and acc source? i'm at a complete loss as to what i'm doing wrong.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Forum and portal/game are not the same thing. You need to go to http://longturn.org, bottom left, and check your profile there.
Kingi

Post by Kingi »

ahhh now I see!!! Cheers Corbeau! Can i still request my pw to be changed please wieder. Thanks both!
wieder

Post by wieder »

Kingi, have you tried logging on by writing your account name as "Kingi" instead of "kingi"?
Dim

Post by Dim »

Is it possible to run a local game on the computer with the rules of LT43. If so, what do you need to do?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Yes.

1. You need to download the LT43 ruleset. Go here:
https://github.com/longturn/games
and, basically, you have to download everything. Then simply dig out the LT43 folder and place it in yout "freeciv/data" folder. Should be on the same place as "Multiplayer", "civ2civ3" etc.

2. Start Freeciv client

3. "Start local game"

4. In the chat frame, type
/rulesetdir LT43

Then the game is ready to start. You may have to adjust number of players or AIs, but that's basically it.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Here you have some more instructions on how to install the ruleset of LT43 on a local computer:

http://forum.longturn.org/viewtopic.php?id=910
Dim

Post by Dim »

Hi weider,

Is there a calculation of the cost of bribing an enemy unit?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

If you see an enemy unit and right-click on it, you get an estimate.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Right click? For me the middle click does that.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Siaw_Hy, you now can control Pandolio. Login normally by connecting to a network game. host longturn.org and port 5043. then when you see the game chat and lots of connecting and disconnecting messages, writ ethe following to the chat:

/take Pandolio

Then you should see the nation you can control. Ask for help if this doesn't work.
wieder

Post by wieder »

You can use your own password for logging on and after doing that you should see the in-game chat.

Download a 2.5.x version native client. Install it and connect to a network game. Then enter longturn.org as the host and 5043 as the port. Your user name Siaw_Hy is the user and for the password the same you used to write on the forum.

If you need to have your password reset, please enter a valid mail address on your user profile. The longturn.org is a non profit organization and the mail addresses are used for reaching the players to remind about games starting or sometimes we send mail about new games starting. With a working mail address we can send you a new password. This is done manually but the mail is really one of the very few ways to know that a reset request is a legit one.
Dim

Post by Dim »

Hi weider,
What are the conditions for creating a map in LT43? One continent or several continents or one continent and several islands?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I'd say we'll have to discover this by ourselves ;)
wieder

Post by wieder »

I don't know exactly but there are usually one bigger continent and some islands. It's not an islands scenario however.
Dim

Post by Dim »

Hi weider,
I'm sorry for the trouble, but I have questions again.
Where can you find out the level of corruption and embezzlement, depending on the distance from the capital and the type of government?
What determines the successful attempt to bribe the city and is there a formula that determines the probability of such an attempt?
And on what does the cost of bribing the city depend?
Dim

Post by Dim »

and another question)
Do roads in a neutral territory reduce the cost of traffic?
wieder

Post by wieder »

The exact corruption levels can be found from the ruleset files but those should be also on the in-game help for each government. The exact formula for those... That's a tricky one. I don't know really. It depends on the distance and I have just a feeling about how it works. How far is too far and so on. Does anyone know this better?

The ruleset for LT43 defines that there is a 80% chance to succeed for the diplos and spies. Unless there is a defending diplom/spy and in that case there is first a 50% chance to kill the defending diplomat.

The incite/bribe cost of a city depends on the city size and the distance to the capital or 2nd palace. Courts will also make the cost 4x bigger. Usually size 2 cities are too expensive in most cases and cities very close to capital are also too expensive. With the mouse middle click you can see the estimated bribe cost for enemy units and also for your own units. That should give some idea about the bribe/incite cost and how distance affects it.

The roads on neutral/unclaimed territory can be used like they were on your own land. Only the roads on enemy territory can't be used. You can also use the roads of you allies.

Ask if there is more you would like to know.