How to join a new game?

Finished (Teamless)
wieder

How to join a new game?

Post by wieder »

Edit: Fixed some errors on this post.

You can sign up for LT43 here:

http://longturn.org/game/LT43/

The game requires a native client for Freeciv 2.5.x and after signing up for LT43 you can't actually connect to the new game before it starts.

The first turn will be extended 3*23h.

New players can join the currently running games without admin help and someone stopping playing the game so that they can be replaced.
Last edited by wieder on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

What you just said is that you can't join a game before it starts and you can't join after it starts :) Sorry, was funny :)

What Wieder wanted to say is: the only way to join a game is to sign up before the game starts. Once the game is running, you can only jump in if one of the existing players goes idle. Then you can replace him with admin's help :)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

And, IMPORTANT: a few days before the game starts, you need to confirm participation! it's just a click, nothing else, but you have to do it. I see a lot of people didn't do it for LT41.
Kingi

Post by Kingi »

Corbeau wrote:What you just said is that you can't join a game before it starts and you can't join after it starts :) Sorry, was funny :)

What Wieder wanted to say is: the only way to join a game is to sign up before the game starts. Once the game is running, you can only jump in if one of the existing players goes idle. Then you can replace him with admin's help :)

No word of a lie, last night i downloaded and installed freeciv for the first time, second thing i did was come here and create an account, then i actually tried to join LT43 9 days early....... :lol::facepalm:
kamBLR

Post by kamBLR »

When will the game start?
start in: 0 days
Is the port number 5043?

p.s. sorry I'am playing first time, and afraid to miss something
Last edited by kamBLR on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Didn't start yet, don't worry, delays are a rule here ;) When it does start, it will be very clear.

For example, LT41 says:

started: 08.02.2018
ended: not yet ended

And yes, port SHOULD be 5043, but when the game starts it will be written there.

Also, the first turn will last 3x23 hours, just in case, for everybody to join in and not miss it.
Last edited by Corbeau on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ektor

Post by ektor »

Hello.
I want to try the Longturn.
I signin today, and joined the LT43 game.
But when I try to connect from my client, I see my pseudo: ektor, but can't connect to it.
Maybe I have to wait a player became inactive ?
wieder

Post by wieder »

Hello ektor,

You can now join LT43

Connect to the game and write the following on the game chat:

/take lucashudson58

This will give you the control of the idler I have moved for some time. I only did some quick moves but the nation has cities and it should be playable and ok. This game is the only one having tech trading enabled so remember to contact the others (with a diplo and with the game chat) and trade.

Joining alliances is a great idea.
ektor

Post by ektor »

Yeah !

I'm very happy to experiment long turn game :)

I take lucashudson58 thanks.

I'll try to trade and make alliance with my neighbours OK! because I know the war isn't the solution :)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Welcome aboard ;)
ektor

Post by ektor »

Thanks Corbeau.
I have to tell: I'm french... (say this because the choice of your pseudo, Corbeau :cool: )
loveprince

Post by loveprince »

How to join this game?
wieder

Post by wieder »

loveprince,

You can now play as pivadm.

Connect to LT43 (host longturn.org, port 5043) and write the following on the game chat:

/take pivadm

This will give you the control of the nation.

There are some peace deals that will allow some other nations to move troops over your lands. Ask your neighbour of the left side of the map about them and maybe do not attack right away even while you might have units for that :)

I played the nation in survive mode for few weeks. Nothing fancy. Just tried to keep the nation playable.
Joris

Post by Joris »

I accidentally signed up for this game instead of LT44.

I cant unsign up :o