Post here suggestions about what to change for LT43

Finished (Teamless)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Ah, I didn't understand it was permanently! That's good, then.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah it's permanent at least until the server is updated.

It was always kind of weird way of getting techs anyway. Nice with correct settings but weird.

About the suggestions. No all may be used for this game but the ideas will be checked again for future games. Thanks for contributing ideas everyone!
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

Maybe it's too late but still:

The game should have both "experimental" tech curve (cheaper at start, more expensive at the end) and tech leak. On freeciv-web we had a game with one and a game with another, but never both in the same game.
wieder

Post by wieder »

It's not too late :)

The ruleset has not yet been finalized. That's a good idea to have both. What about the techs cost? You want the game to last a bit longer? We could use 120% cost instead of 100%. That's also independent from the tech leakage and experimental tech curve.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

If there is going to be tech trade, science box needs to be at least 200%. Remember SC1? And you kept saying that LT40 was going too fast with technology, even though thech exchange there was based only on spies.

And to speed up the beginning, maybe have diplomats with Alphabet instead of Writing. This waiting period is meaningless anyway, if there is going to be diplomacy throughout the game, may as well start immediately.
wieder

Post by wieder »

The tech speed on LT40 wasn't that fast because of tech trading. I lost, once again, some notes about what I stole but stealing didn't speed up my that many turns anyway. The problem was that because of no conflicts it was easy to use lots of resources for building the infra and researching. Stealing made it slightly faster but it could have been more easy after all.

The experimental tech cost will make the late techs to cost 300% of the original. Going with 200% on top of that might be too much.... I think.

Yeah, diplomats could be a really early unit anyway.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Well, keep in mind that people are doing 1.5 tech per turn which I believe is way too fast for proper enjoyment of the game. No war whatsoever because everybody is waiting for the next tech to give them the edge and once they get it, again waiting for the tech after that. And it's the most obvious thing that the whole game is peaceful and then everything erupts in the last few turns. Not only because of the limited size. It's been like this in many games before this.
Sketlux

Post by Sketlux »

Agree with Corbeau on the last point.
wieder

Post by wieder »

We can do even more expensive techs but going from 150% to 600% sounds slightly risky. Not super risky or very risky but slightly.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Wieder, which was the last game you played that in the last few weeks didn't feel like a sprint to the finish?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Also, please raise hands all who built Science Labs in more than half of their cities.
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

Yes yes and yes to tech cost 600%!
With tech trading on an alliance of 6 players effectively pays 1/6th the cost to develop tech. Large alliances are common when tech trading is enabled so such a massive increase in cost seems totally fair to me.

We may as well test if such a high value is playable
Last edited by Lord_P on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Ok. Who wants 600% science cost for the late techs?
ptizoom

Post by ptizoom »

can we increase ping timeout , decrease ping intervals? lots of us I think lag at client side...!