The ruleset for LT42

Finished (Teamless)
wieder

The ruleset for LT42

Post by wieder »

This is the first version on git. Not yet ready for playing but you can check it.

https://github.com/longturn/games/commits/master/LT42

This ruleset is based on civ2civ3 and it's designed by Corbeau. It should be quite different from a typical LT ruleset. More info will be added at a later time.

You can also find the guide for the ruleset here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FWi ... trNt0/edit
Last edited by wieder on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Features are listed (or, more accurately, jumbled up) here:

http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75385
jwrober

Post by jwrober »

Has all the help text been updated with all the changes to the base ruleset? Is the current github repo in a state that one could download and run a test game locally? what changes are needed to do that?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

The newest version is here, attachment at the bottom of the post:
http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.ph ... 276e7078c8

About help, most things are updated automatically. Right now I can't think of anything that should be updated manually, although somthing probably exists. But this particular post lists ALL changes I made.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Rhe ruleset is finished with regard to "new features". Feel free to download it and test it. ZIP at the freeciv forum is up to date, Github will probaly be soon.
jwrober

Post by jwrober »

I am not playing online, but is there a way to play the ruleset vs AI on my computer?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Yes.

1. Download it (the procedure is not trivial, though, there is some web/application for it, I used it twice and both time forgot its name afterwards, ask Pneu/Haupt on Discord)
2. Put it your Freeciv/Data folder (should be on the same level as "Multiplayer" and "civ2civ3", for example
3. There are files one folder UP from the main LT42 folder, like LT42.serv. They need to remain one folder up.
4. Edit the LT42.serv file:
set aifill=0 - change 0 to desired number of nations (including yours)
set diplomacy=HUMAN - IF you want to be able to do diplomacy with AIs, set this to something else; I'm not sure how the syntax works, check the starting server options when you start the game
set timeout=82800 - DELETE! (or change to zero)
5. When starting the game, select LT42 from the rules drop-down menu.

Alternatively, you can still join. There are idlers ;)
jwrober

Post by jwrober »

Corbeau wrote:Alternatively, you can still join. There are idlers ;)
What turn are you on? Has anyone been playing the idlers or would I be super behind?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

It's T11. And you wouldn't be *super* behind, you wouldn't be at the pinnacle of success, but still... I think there are very few (if any) NEW cities, meaning, built after the initial Settlers have been used up.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Someone can explain me meaning of 0 in this?

Code: Select all

[effect_lighthouse_veteran]
type    = "Veteran_Build"
value   = 0
reqs    =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "Building", "Lighthouse", "Player"
      "UnitClass", "Sea", "Local"
    }
Caedo

Post by Caedo »

Short answer: That effect doesn't (shouldn't) do anything.
Long answer: That effect is presumably being evaluated like any other effect, but it doesn't matter if it's active or not, since either way, it contributes nothing to the total sum of all Veteran_Build effects.

I'm assuming that's an artefact of a temporary change that was never finished or reverted.
Last edited by Caedo on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

I know that this effect do anything, my question was, why it was changed to 0?
Isn't 200 shields too much for just 10% higher ship range, or veteran upgrade for pathetic trireme, which is not upgradable?
fran

Post by fran »

AFAIK Corbeau didn't post links to his ruleset compilation on forum. Could this be done, please?
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Oh man, I posted in wrong thread. Corbeau's Lighthouse effect is as it should be, vetrancy = 1. Zeroed effect is in LT45 (and was also broken in LT44).

PS. fran, aren't actual LT42 on github? https://github.com/longturn/games/tree/master/LT42
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Weird, I was absolutely sure I did this. Ok, I'l ask wieder to put it at the start of this thread because it's the most logical place to be.