Help needed for the decision making process

Current and future games
wieder

Help needed for the decision making process

Post by wieder »

Sometimes in the longturn.org games we have situations where not everything goes that smoothly and without making decisions about how the rules and stuff should be interpreted.

We could definitely use people to help with this decision making. People who could read the rules and decide what to do when someone is idle or does this or that. Currently this is not a big problem if the game admin is not playing the game. However in some cases the admin is playing and there may be conflict of interest regarding the decision making. Or maybe a 2nd opinion is needed because people are unsure about how to do something.

There are not that many responsibilities regarding the tasks this kind of person should do. Currently the game admins can do most of the stuff. However it would greatly help the community if we could ask about second opinion or let the assistant decision makes to make the calls.

If you are interested in helping us with this, please reply here or send me a message through the forum or in-game LT40 or with some other way. There is not that much to do but in some cases this would really help.

Maybe assistant decision maker is not the actual title so feel free to suggest something else.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

The Players' Jury? ;)

I'm available. I mean, what's there to lose?

POWER POWER GIVE ME MORE POWER!!!!

*runs off to high-voltage station and starts biting wires*
wieder

Post by wieder »

Ok, cool! This will greatly help in making the game even better.

Also, if anyone else is interested, please let me know. It's also easy to resign by just saying that you are no longer interested.
fran

Post by fran »

wieder wrote:Sometimes in the longturn.org games we have situations where not everything goes that smoothly and without making decisions about how the rules and stuff should be interpreted.

We could definitely use people to help with this decision making.
From a naive stance one could argue that's why there are admins. I've heard there are more then the ones playing a game.

If there is a conflict it's likely to be best accepted if the conflicting parties agree on a referee they both trust.
This is also possible if one of the parties is a admin and a player wants to appeal against his decision.
If there is no conflict there is no need for decision making.
Last edited by fran on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.