LT30 idle player notification and substitution list

Finished (teamless)
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

pardon, 4
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

Joe9009 wrote:That would be great, I don't mind if it is in bad shape it would be fun still.
Pardon, aczern has 4 cities. I can't give you details in a public forum, but there's hard work to do. I'm an ally of yours since the beginning of the game. We managed quite well an invasion while Aczern was idling 2 turns and active 1 turn and so on. If you don't idle (and you WON'T, DON'T YOU????) we can stand up very soon.
Please confirm your intention to log in and make your move at least once per day. If you're a total beginner I can give you some tips and instructions.
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

I will definitely log in once per day, but I am definitely new to multiplayer freeciv I just am not even really sure how to get in to the game. I know the port number and name but I have no idea how smartgit works or if it is even necessary. Do i need i contact akfaew?
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

no need for smartgit. install newest version of freeciv, that's it
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

you can login right now, Akfaew put you in. I will help you in understanding the game. Will send you private messages in the game (see CHAT)
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

can you login?
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

Ok got it to work I have logged in and have control of the nation. Looks like war and I am feeling it. Ok Mon Lets do this! Never surrender! good times I will wait to do my turn till close to end of timer so we can talk about long turn plans.
Last edited by Joe9009 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

Hi all
I come to communicate that I'm leaving the game LT30.
I have already /surrender-ed.
It was fun for a while, but it isn't anymore.
Thank you all.
KS
pekka

Post by pekka »

Keyser, you are Uber-evil. You are a master of uncertanty..

pekka
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

Well, I was just taking care of nation while a surrogate doesn't take it.
pekka wrote:Keyser, you are Uber-evil. You are a master of uncertanty..

pekka
But I have announced my retirement, clearly. So admins can feel free to block my
account and give my nation to someone else.
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

keysersoze wrote:Hi all
Thank you all.
KS
Well, thanks for the notification, but next time you shouldn't join a game you're not planning to finish (this is not the first time).

To all potential substitute players: this is by far the best account available, get it quick before it's deleted!
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

Marduk wrote:
keysersoze wrote:Hi all
Thank you all.
KS
Well, thanks for the notification, but next time you shouldn't join a game you're not planning to finish (this is not the first time).

To all potential substitute players: this is by far the best account available, get it quick before it's deleted!
Hi Marduk
You're right, I must apologize, because when I entered this game I knew I would leave it.
But let me just explain something, so you can understand how manifold are the minds of people.
Before I joined this LT30, I intended to play only about 30 or 40 turns, which was before my classes began.
For that, I have adopted "kamikaze" strategy -- I attacked each and every unit I saw crossing my lands, in order to
provocate war, and I made no alliances at all. I wanted war, because that is where real fun resides in this game, even if that costed being dead early. In fact, being dead early was my purpose. That's why I ruled under Monarchy all the time, just to make war. I chose not to make science developments.
Unfortunatelly my plan went wrong, because all my neighbours were weak, and I conquered some cities of them
without any resistence. So all I had to do now was to grow cities. I don't have any more time to do that, and I mean time in real life, and time in game, cause I sticked with Monarchy for a long time, while most people are democracy now.
So if I don't lose game by being killed (although it is about to happen in next turns), I resign.
So you tell me it is unpolite to leave. Well, I don't think so. In fact, it is the way things happen in chess -- the player
who loses the game resigns and there's no need for the game to go on.
I don't see any reason why freeciv should not to be that way too. Giving other players the chance to "win by fighting" instead of
"winning by agreement" has the only purpose to feed their pride and other bad animal instincts.
Now you don't need to bother with me joining next games, I certainly won't, as this have become a programming constest.
I was warned it was legal, and I agree it is legal. But that's not the kind of competition I want to play in the present time. I once took part in ACM contest, it was fun, and I would enter this freeciv programming contest too if I had time to do it, which is not the case, 'cause I have other commitments and priorities. So, you don't need to be worried, this is my good-bye.
Thanks you all for comprehension,
KS
Last edited by keysersoze on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keysersoze

Post by keysersoze »

akfaew wrote:
keysersoze wrote:For that, I have adopted "kamikaze" strategy -- I attacked each and every unit I saw crossing my lands, in order to provocate war, and I made no alliances at all.
This is called antisocial behaviour
Only if you don't have clear separation in your mind, of what is game and what is social behaviour.
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

keysersoze wrote:
akfaew wrote:
keysersoze wrote:For that, I have adopted "kamikaze" strategy -- I attacked each and every unit I saw crossing my lands, in order to provocate war, and I made no alliances at all.
This is called antisocial behaviour
Only if you don't have clear separation in your mind, of what is game and what is social behaviour.
The Kamikaze strategy is a valid one that adds something to the game but if you don't go all out and make it happen, then it is only Kami! Which I will give you is a pretty name for a little girl, it dose create a power vacuum that the rule about not quitting is partly about. You messed up. And your explanations were good, but still rules are rules. I see your point about chess but that is a rule in chess because it has only 2 players. But still interesting stuff.
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

Seems that nobody wants to take over Keyser's account. It can now be deleted at any moment.

If you're fast enough you can still apply to take it before it's deleted (it is quite a good account).
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

Too bad I already took super weak aczern's, at this point my goal is to build up enough to survive 5 turns once one of the huge player beside me decides they want my land. When I took it ten turns ago I think there were five buildings all together in the 4 citys. But it is a fun game even in a hopeless situation. I feel bad for my one ally I don't see how I can do him much good. Goodtimes! I am pumped for lt31 to start in a few weeks or whenever it starts.
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

You're doing it pretty well, Joe, just go rapturing ASAP.
I didn't know there were better accounts, I'm sorry, I just took care of Aczern's one when idle. No doubt in LT31 we will see some fireworks from your side.
See you inside
roravun

Post by roravun »

Marduk wrote:Seems that nobody wants to take over Keyser's account. It can now be deleted at any moment.

If you're fast enough you can still apply to take it before it's deleted (it is quite a good account).

I am willing to take over his account.

And welcome all, new player here :-)
Last edited by roravun on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

roravun wrote:
Marduk wrote:Seems that nobody wants to take over Keyser's account. It can now be deleted at any moment.

I am willing to take over his account.

And welcome all, new player here :-)
Welcome indeed! I'll notify the admin, if the account is still there it's yours!
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

How new am I? I had to look up how to rapture on that youtube vide. Starting now.
roravun

Post by roravun »

Marduk wrote: Welcome indeed! I'll notify the admin, if the account is still there it's yours!
Excuse my impatience, but its been a couple of days and I am wondering if that account is still there?