bug - where submit to?

Finished (experimental)
maho

bug - where submit to?

Post by maho »

Where should be bugs submitted? To redmine.pagema.net? Or some other place? Or here?

Anyway - I found a bug - today I bribed city, which costed me -120 thousands, so I became richer after bribing than before :).
maho

Post by maho »

I think that bug report without full ruleset and savegame of previous turn would be worthless. So I think you're the best candidate to fill bug there. It regards bribing city [l tgt="city" id=8552 name="Kefe" /] by spy from [l tgt="city" id=8475 name="Panama Channel" /]
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

This is the funniest thing that has happened for quite a well. Something to liven up a really dull game. I had announced I was going to quit this game earlier today, but this bug makes the game exciting again. I have tried inciting cities before and after this event but only get very high positive numbers. I am guessing that the error comes when the incite cost is greater than 256,000 or some such number it goes out of the range of a signed integer and becomes negative. This bug will almost certainly exist in LT30 but I doubt we'll find out for 3 or 4 months.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

Time to crack out the 18 year old malt whisky. I just bought a city for -360,000. I have bought 59 factories and the Hoover Dam and I still have 300,000+ change.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

I have submitted a bug report to gna.org.
pipo

Post by pipo »

This is one of the reasons that Freeciv is less attractive now. It has become a 'chase the bug' or 'find the hack' game. I would rather play with an old version server and 'standard' ruleset than trying to hack my way in winning using one of these loop-arounds. If, when, I do want to hack something, I will find something else than a game hack and hopefully more useful.

BTW, speaking of hacking, for those of you interested in geopolitics, STRATFOR.COM is allowing free access to its site, following a recent hack on their servers.

"The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." -- Lao-tzu