We have few idlers, what should we do with those?

Finished (teamless)
wieder

We have few idlers, what should we do with those?

Post by wieder »

I was contacted and asked about this. There is no easy answer really.

We don't have replacement players. We can basically just remove the players or just leave them as they were. What would you like to see happening?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

In what condition are the idlers? If they are not so bad, maybe offer some players who are worse off to ditch their nations and take over those? Worst chooses first?

Pick one person everybody trust to make an inspection and report, start an auction? :) Or, if they are in shambles, ADD them to the worst neighbour?
cdoucet

Post by cdoucet »

I think nothing should be done because any decision will change the story of the game.
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

cdoucet wrote:I think nothing should be done because any decision will change the story of the game.
Exactly.

Besides, they are being ravaged and annihilated at this very moment. They are sitting ducks. Go get yours while they still exist!
CedricD

Post by CedricD »

Could you list here known idlers?
Or better, could administrator (Weider) run a script to get idlers list every turn, and if player did not enter for last three turns, automatically write a common message in chat on that?

It would be fair for all, instead someone takes idler's cities for free in silence...
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

The idlers are shown in Nations report (F3) in-game. From report's Display menu, check Idle to get each player's idle turns displayed on the report.
CedricD

Post by CedricD »

Thanks! Pity, no idler near me :(
chem

Post by chem »

If there still idle players to be replaced, I would like to join (my first game)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I've seen that Chill is delegated by Awfulbored, but somewhere in the back of my head there is some image of someone asking for a permanent replacement and I vaguely recall that it might have been him? Can anyone confirm this?
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah, I was in a loop about this. The problem was that I was unsure if a player who was ripped (lost all cities and units) could take another nation who was no longer playing the game. I'll try to talk with akfaew about this and will comment on this thread about it. The player asking for the nation was poro.

We may have additional idling nations, but those are probably in a very bad shape.
chem

Post by chem »

I don't mind if I get a nation in bad shape: being my first game I just want to get a feeling of how is like to play the game
chem

Post by chem »

Also, is there a way to be notified by of new replies?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

On the forum or in game? Usually forums have this option, but this one apparently isn't one of them. In-game: no.
chem

Post by chem »

on the forum
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

There is a link on this page which says "Subscribe to this topic". That will send you an email whenever this topic has a reply.
chem

Post by chem »

Yeah, I noticed while writing previous post. Somehow I though that posting was enough to subscribe.

Any news on a vacant spot?
wieder

Post by wieder »

We (me and akfaew) are currently trying to be at the same time on irc (#longturn, freenode) to replace you to LT34.
chem

Post by chem »

Is my presence need on irc? What is time that suits you both?
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah, your presence on irc was not needed but if you want, you can of course ask questions and stuff on #longturn

Use Freeciv client version 2.3.x and when you login, you may need to write "/take chem" on the game chat. You may also want to contact Chill and ask what kind of deals you nation has. You may have allies or wars going on and he is probably the only person who knows about those since he was running the nation after the previous player left.