LW3

LW3 ended, LW4 signups not available yet.
edrim

Post by edrim »

All boards will get same settings.
There will be much less land for player then in previous games, but there will be only couple of settlers to settle.
I am not sure if we should kill all cities, I am still trying to figure what to do. Maybe you can capture by conquering cities larger then size 7.
So if you conquering city from size 1-7 it will be ruined but with size 8 you will get city size 1, and so on.
This is quite close to how to looks like for me when a hudge army is conquering cities, when there is a small city it will be destroyed after army go out, but hudge cities may stay alive but with total disaster.

I dont think situation that it will be only two cities in different part of continent alive and it will be boring, for me probability of this in all boards is quite close to zero.

Typical Map:
edrim

Post by edrim »

.serv file:

set mapsize="PLAYER"
set generator="RANDOM"
set startpos="ALL"
set tilesperplayer=350
set topology=""

set separatepoles=disabled
set alltemperate=enabled
set temperature=48
set steepness=15
set landmass=65

set wetness=60
set huts=0
set barbarians=disabled
set specials=200
set steepness=0
set killcitzen="LAND"

set rapturedelay=3

set techlost_recv=100
set techlost_donor=0
set diplcost=0
set trademindist=999
set diplchance=50
set diplomacy=HUMAN
set techpenalty=0
set sciencebox=200

set restrictinfra=disabled
set unreachableprotects=disabled
set maxplayers=126
set saveturns=1
set scorelog=1
set citymindist=5
set dispersion=0
set startunits=ccccccwwx - depends from number of players
set unitwaittime=36000
set aifill=0
set techlevel=0
set allowtake=""
set spacerace=enabled
set timeout=90000
set revolen=2
set trading_city=disabled
set foggedborders=enabled
set contactturns=0
set ec_turns=9
set ec_max_size=5000
set ec_chat=enabled
set ec_info=enabled
set stats_script=/home/dude/stats/insert.pl
set compresstype plain
set cmdlevel info
metamessage "LW3a | More info: http://longturn.org/game/LW3/\"
metapatches longturn

syncturn
start
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

edrim wrote:All boards will get same settings.
There will be much less land for player then in previous games, but there will be only couple of settlers to settle.
I am not sure if we should kill all cities, I am still trying to figure what to do. Maybe you can capture by conquering cities larger then size 7.
So if you conquering city from size 1-7 it will be ruined but with size 8 you will get city size 1, and so on.
This is quite close to how to looks like for me when a hudge army is conquering cities, when there is a small city it will be destroyed after army go out, but hudge cities may stay alive but with total disaster.
I think that we should have

Code: Select all

set killcitizen ""
The reason for this is twofold: a) it gives a reward to players doing the attacking, which increases the amount of war - which is what you seem to be going for; b) new cities cannot be built, so this reduces the chances of having a map almost void of cities.
edrim wrote:.serv file:
set stepness=0
What is stepness?

Edit: I am actually happy with almost any settings.
Last edited by StratThinker on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edrim

Post by edrim »

steppness is how many hills/mountains is generated into a worldmap

killcitizen is nice option, but i prefer to have something different, citywalls prevents from killcitizen but no citiwalls are killing citizen after succesfull attack.

Added:

[effect_city_walls_1]
name    = "Unit_No_Lose_Pop"
value   = 1
reqs    =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "Building", "City Walls", "City"
     }
Because i am going to do that cities only from size 8 can be succesfull conquered but with size-7 after conquering:)

This game is going to be a sudden death game, i dont want players to have other players cities, but if somebody lost his city with size up to 8 it is good prize for conquering. See it that you need to get this city with walls (+def factor from size and walls) so you will get reward from this type of conquering.

Elrik said that this:

(...)
void unit_enter_city(struct unit punit, struct city pcity, bool passenger)
(...)
if (pcity->size <= 1) -> if (pcity->size <= 7)
Do you think it is here too?:

if (city_remains) {
    /* reduce size should not destroy this city */
    fc_assert(city_size_get(pcity) > 1);
    city_reduce_size(pcity, 1, pplayer);
evan

Post by evan »

In the serv file on GitHub you have

11 set steepness=15
17 set stepness=0

using /help in the game prompt gives <<no match for help argument for 'stepness'>> or 'steppness'

Can I go ahead and download the serv file anyway, or will this create a problem?
edrim

Post by edrim »

Option: steepness  -  Amount of hills/mountains
/help: Description:
/help:   Small values give flat maps, while higher values give a steeper map
/help:   with more hills and mountains.
/help: Status: changeable
/help: Value: 30, Minimum: 0, Default: 30, Maximum: 100
Git problem corrected.
evan

Post by evan »

Sorry Edrim, I know you must be busy, but now you've spelt 'steepness' as 'stepeness'
edrim

Post by edrim »

evan wrote:Sorry Edrim, I know you must be busy, but now you've spelt 'steepness' as 'stepeness'
Is it correct now?
evan

Post by evan »

No, sorry.
it's spelt steepness
English spelling is hard for us too :)

I just commented out the incorrect line before and ran the game, and saw that there is no wrap XY topology in the server, just the " ", the same as for the killcitizen " " , is that how it's meant to be?
edrim

Post by edrim »

hmm, citywalls has been fixed now, so killcitzen is out to date now, it will be LAND only
edrim

Post by edrim »

Maybe change from (file server/citytools.c):

if (city_remains) {
    fc_assert(city_size_get(pcity) > 1);
    city_reduce_size(pcity, 1, pplayer);
to

if (city_remains) {
    fc_assert(city_size_get(pcity) > 7);
    city_reduce_size(pcity, 7, pplayer);
Will give us what i want, it means that when you conquer cities size 1-7 it will be destroyed, and size 8 and more will reduce size by 7 and left a city for conqueror:)

Could anybody test it?
kull

Post by kull »

when is starting LW3?
edrim

Post by edrim »

There is two ways of doing it:)
First - we will set a test game with one board and all players to check if settings are correct.
Second - we are going live ASAP, this is bad way, becasue some settings may not work correct, we dont have wonders fixed and we should have some days to confirm settings by all players like in rules (yes, I know, I wanst able to keep deadlines).

How about starting test game in monday in one board, and after a week of restarting server with 2 minutes TC we will start a real Wars.
kull

Post by kull »

no problem with any delays edrim, i just do not want to miss the first turns this time :)

the time and day thats best for all, for me is ok.

thanks for the update, i know each one of you (admins) also have personal live. Thanks for all the work preparing and hosting the games.
fox

Post by fox »

I still get the "operation completed successfully" message but am not able to join the game. I'm using 2.3.5. When will the game be join-able?
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

Perhaps we should postpone Lw3 until autumn?
1) Lw3 has been in pregame forever, about half of players will be idlers if game was really started today..
2) Lw3 has more entrants than Lt35. Perhaps we could consolidate the two into one game, because there is barely enough players for even one ladder.
3) It is summertime, so everyone is vacationing now, and most players will be idlers anyway..
edrim

Post by edrim »

Everybody will confirm if they want to participate or not.
There is a delegation form if someone goes to vacation.
Idler will be punished as it is in rules.
LW35 perheps will not gain more players because ...

LW is separately from LT so we cannot compare players signed to both of this initiatives.
edrim

Post by edrim »

fox wrote:I still get the "operation completed successfully" message but am not able to join the game. I'm using 2.3.5. When will the game be join-able?
There will be a accept rules form in main page, a mail to all participiants that they need to accept and after couple of games we will start.
I am still waiting to hava -7 size after conquering included to server, then we will start a test game because of so many changes to ruleset.
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

edrim wrote:Everybody will confirm if they want to participate or not.
Once you do confirmations, then please stop sign ups; otherwise we will have players signing up and confirming on the same day.
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

StratThinker wrote:please stop sign ups.
sign ups ended more than 20 days ago! I signed up on 27.05.2015, and that was last day to register. anyone wanting to register or sign out of game has been locked out since then...
edrim

Post by edrim »

This is nto working like it.
Signups will be open till game started.
Some players may want to see rules before they will join, some players may want to join just in last minute.
I just fixed signing in, and it is possible to signin and signout.

Confirmation will be set on after all settings will be stoped to changes. (of course it may something broke and i will be not able to set confirmation on)
edrim

Post by edrim »

This ruleset was invented by me to prepare a game like sudden death. So if you fail in something you will die very quick.
How about not to rebuild Palace after capitol is destroyed or taken? I did a test game and if you loose capitol (your last builded city) and have a non home settler, when you build this city you will not get it with Palace and you will get max corruption and waste for free:) So in our game Capitol should be most defended city in our nation because if we fail with it we are in black hole (need to rebuild Palace fast).
edrim

Post by edrim »

Ok, I think Ruleset is ready to go, can you please confirm you are agree to play with this settings by pressing confirmation on http://longturn.org/game/LW3/?

Everybody who will not do this will not be able to play.

I want to start a game after next weekend so please do it at last on saturnday 04.07.2015
dz

Post by dz »

Hey guys,

Remember me? I've been away for a couple of years.

Is it too late for me to join this game?
edrim

Post by edrim »

It is just in time.