LW3

LW3 ended, LW4 signups not available yet.
wieder

Post by wieder »

"a catapult wonder, so it can move without roads and on hills. for 200 shields with maths."

Maybe you could have catapults moving without roads by default. If the ruleset is based on LT34, it's worth notiving what other changes were made to catas. They are now citybusters (not by default) and can't be built as veterans.
el_perdedor

Post by el_perdedor »

indeed it is so, but as u Lt guys have changed that and it looked like you wanna keep it that way, i was just trying to suggest a wonder.

but it seems you guys dont like that, and thought it is a stupid noob idea.
so no worries no more comments from my side.
you can build your games as you like it. but dont start asking for suggestion if u can handle them.
i mean any suggestion as stupid it can be it is a suggestion and playing the smart *** isnt the nice way.

so you "experienced" players can fix the game, i play it.

but in any case if u come to the metaserver(rts for the ignorants among you) dont come ask stupid questions.

And again i know that in default they can use mountains... man makes me these arrogance angry.

PS: dont make like me in this comment, next time you could read, breath, think, breath, think again, breath, read again, try to understand, breath and then answer.
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
"bla bla, bla bla blablabla bla!"
-el perdedor!!!
12. July 2014 12:20 am
wieder

Post by wieder »

Sun Tsu should help promoting war.

Another thing is the research cost. With focus on military you will use less resources on research. I was considering 60%-70% tech cost for LT35 while LT34 had 80%. It's easier and faster to research with islands but with no tech trading it's still slow even with tech leakage.
wieder

Post by wieder »

"indeed it is so, but as u Lt guys have changed that and it looked like you wanna keep it that way, i was just trying to suggest a wonder."

It's a good idea but another way would be revering to default.

"you can build your games as you like it. but dont start asking for suggestion if u can handle them."

??? Suggestions are good.

"but in any case if u come to the metaserver(rts for the ignorants among you) dont come ask stupid questions."

Someone told me that those games are about building caravans. This has changed?
el_perdedor

Post by el_perdedor »

nope, just caravans nothing more, we use them too build roads, cities, improve the infra, attack, defend, we even use them as city walls.

so dont give it a try, cause you have it figured out, please dont go there you will destroy us all.

i will copy paste your ip, and tell all my caravans building friends that they should we aware of you. And better dont try to play you, cause you are godlike. But if you still go, dont forget: caravans building is all you have to do... ehm, sorry, that you already know.

and just cause i cant otherwise, the idea was that catapults cant move without roads, but if u invest in a wonder they can move free. And reverting that would make a wonder like that worthless. That was kinda hard to understand, ill get it.

Perhaps it was my fault, instead of writing caravan, caravan, caravan i should have explained myself better.

Im sorry to caravan caravan caravan all of you.

Have a nice caravanend.

Best caravans to all of you.

Caravan.
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
-el perdedor!!!
evan

Post by evan »

Re wonders

although I would prefer if Edrim were to continue with his original idea of the game where there were no wonders at all ( there is a lot to be said for playing a game that is consistent to one person's vision )... I must say I really like El_perdedor's idea of a military wonder that allows Catapult units to move onto foreign terrain. (obviously in a ruleset that otherwise prohibits it).

One thing (amongst many) missing from our free version of the game is national characteristics. This comes to some extent with initial free techs, but a Wonder like this reminds one instantly of the more sophisticated trebuchet, and even Roman ballistae (is that the correct plural ending?). If you want to have a war-focused round in LW, then having a series of such Wonders would be a way.

But I worry for your new little-one. Unless someone is willing to do (almost all) the work, you should stick to your original plan. No wonders. Either that, or you put the start date back. How could we possibly agree on which Wonders to have? It's impossible.
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

Calm down people, its only a game :D

Edrim, just go with what you think best, wield the power of Admin as you see fit.
Would be nice to start a new game now 34 is pretty much concluded.
el_perdedor

Post by el_perdedor »

I caravan what you just said!!!

i thought of the joke later on, so i wanted to post it.

and i would also preffer if the games would stay the same for at least to 2 rounds, so you can ajust to it...
*by you i mean me.

and as a famous freeciv manager once said, "some say that freeciv is a thing about life and death, well i say that it is more then that"
-el perdedor!!!
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

I see that LW3a is based on LW2, while LW3b is based on LT34. Is that correct?
edrim

Post by edrim »

Yes, because i am not sure which ruleset will be changed for LW3, we have issues with teraforming, but while i am going to change it drastically, it is not a problem.
edrim

Post by edrim »

I have once again think about catapults on roads, maybe it is not bad to put them only on roads, and a wonder wich will allow to bypass them on other flat terian, but i dont think if it is possible in ruleset to make such a wonder.
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

edrim wrote:I have once again think about catapults on roads, maybe it is not bad to put them only on roads...
Have you noticed that it also prevent them from targeting an attack to a tile with no road? So they can move to adjacent tile with road but if the enemy unit stands on one without road then the catapult cannot do anything.
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

Yeah thats annoying.. and easily fixed by adding the "Attack Non Native" attribute.
I think restricting movement for Large Land class is totally fair but then dont stop them attacking adjacent tiles. Best of both.

Although that does mean they could attack ships... Siege of Syracuse style.
Last edited by Lord_P on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Some land units attacking the early triremes might be nice. A catapult doing that would be interesting.
el_perdedor

Post by el_perdedor »

indeed
-el perdedor!!!
edrim

Post by edrim »

Anybody willing to help me with ruleset? I am totaly out of initiative.
I am going to set some settings now, so i will be write post by post here with changes, please correct me if i will do something wrong.
First of all terraforming, i am going to make very flat land without wrap, with some hills/mountains, swamp/forrest.
I hope you will like this type of terrerian changeing, I am not sure if engeeners shouldnt have some alternate abbilities.

So workers can do:
Hills from Mountains.
Plains from Hills.
Grassland from Plains.
Plains from forrest.
Grassland from swamp.
Plains from desert.
Forrest from Jungle.

All this terraforming is with cost of 4 turns by one green worker.

If you want to talk i will be on IRC in time of ruleset changeing.
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to units.ruleset file:

+Removes Geoengineers, give Engineers and workers transform ability.
+vision_radius_sq of warriors reduced from 18 to 12
+vision_radius_sq of explorer increase from 18 to 27
+build_cost of warriors reduced from 10 to 8
+Removed IgZOC from archer, partisan, diplomat, spy and explorer unit
+Added flag CityBuster to catapult and cannon
+decrease catapult attack from 6 to 5
+added flag nobuild to settlers
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to terrian.ruleset:

+grassland and plains can be mining with +1 to shield
+no possible to make hills from plains
+addes flag nocities on all terrian except plains and grassland
+food from oceans change from 1 to 2
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to game.ruleset:

+granary_food_ini starts from 10, 20 ...
+base_tech_cost increase from 20 to 50
+killstack back to 1 from 0 in LW2
+tired_attack = 0 (you may attack on 1/3 movement with full power)

From LT35 forum.
HanduMan wrote:
wieder wrote:LT35: Changed city size 1 foodbox from 20 to 10
So cities will never be size 1 after the first growth? Building a settler at size 3 will shrink the city to size 1 but it will always grow back to size 2. That is because the free granary effect has provided the city with 10 food on previous growth. Was this your intention?
In this way i will set it to 12,20,... we can see what happen in test game when launched.
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to governments.ruleset:
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to effects.ruleset:

+effect_fortress_vision - value=64 (was 8)
+effect_city_walls_0 - value set to 200 from 100 (more defend bonus from walls)

Added:
[effect_city_walls_1]
name = "Unit_No_Lose_Pop"
value = 1
reqs =
{ "type", "name", "range"
"Building", "City Walls", "City"
}
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to techs.ruleset:
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to cities.ruleset:
edrim

Post by edrim »

Changes to buildings.ruleset:
evan

Post by evan »

Great work Edrim!

That's a really inspired set of rulesets.
I like all of it so far.
And your terrain transformations are much more logical than the normal rules.

I hope I didn't misunderstand an earlier post regarding a diffference of rulesets between the levels. Both 'a' and 'b' will be using the same ruleset, right?

Also, can we start the confirmations now? That way we can see how many players in each of the two/three levels. Or is it still your intention to keep the players/numbers hidden until the final moment - when we will receive the info/server?