android client

Finished (teamless)
vidlius

android client

Post by vidlius »

There's one floating around some where I think. Does it work with LT?
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

Unfortunately no, it is only single player as far as I know.
However you can install Linux on an android phone (rooted) and then run freeciv in that. I have been doing just that for more than a year and it works great. I have mentioned this in some posts before;

"If you have an android phone/tablet you should try using Complete Linux Installer or Linux Deploy to run a simple linux desktop with freeciv. Its much more convenient when travelling. I do most of my turn on the train to/from work and even travelling around SEAsia I never missed more than a couple of days.

Both have pros and cons. Linux installer uses pre prepared images, which get corrupted quite easily when downloading or copying. .. but it has a nicer launcher and terminal. I have an image all set up with freeciv 2.3 if anyone wants it.

Linux Deploy builds the linux image piece by piece directly from the repository so you always get an up to date version. It also allows you to choose what kind of desktop front end you want (xfce runs nice and fast on s3) which is better than the options available for Linux Installer. However it has some issues with root password (for some flavours of linux there is no password (!) and others dont let know what it is. ..)

Well worth trying if you want to play freeciv on the move. Only issue is that freeciv 2.5 is not yet available as a package so will have to be compiled on your phone, which can be a real pain."

And;

"As mentioned above; Linux image for use with Complete Linux Installer on android devices.
https://spideroak.com/browse/share/Lord_P/stuff

Its Fedora 19 with Freeciv 2.3.4 installed and ready to go. Also set it up with LT33 ruleset for practice (8xAI and no unitwaittime) so hopefully I wont fuck up the start of the game this time tongue
VNC and root passwords are simply: fedora
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

(I can only give you my word and swear on my very small reputation that I havent included any kind of exploit. Other than that I take absolutely no responsibility at all for any terrible things that may happen as a result of you downloading it. hehe)
Last edited by Lord_P on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vidlius

Post by vidlius »

Hrm.

I don't wanna risk fracking my phone. Sure as shit, I'll mess it up somehow. I need it to be working. Perhaps I'll get one of those "throw away" Pad's that are all the rage now. They got some pretty big screens on them, I could do that with one of them. And if I frack that, well. At least I still have my phone :P