LW2

LW3 ended, LW4 signups not available yet.
el_perdedor

Post by el_perdedor »

i like the idea of open cards, everyone has an embassy with everyone.
also the map could be revealed and the movement of borders could be visible.
i love the idea of you can only use ur techs!
sounds pretty interesting...
i would play without rapture, with a rapture delay of 10 turns nobody would do it cause it is too risky...
but im a nooby, so no worries bout my thoughts.
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
"bla bla, bla bla blablabla bla!"
-el perdedor!!!
12. July 2014 12:20 am
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

Great settings Edrim. This will be interesting. ..
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

.. and if you really want to speed the game up, then make marketplaces, libaries, etc cost fewer shields to build.. Do we really want to wait for 60 shields early in game to build marketplace. Imagine if it just costs 20 shields? Then it is very easy choice for everyone to at least build something. As it is now, you can easily get away with building just temple or no improvements at all.. In last LW where me and stratthinker won, I had no improvements besides just temples (and I didn't even need temples actually).. If I had to do it again, I would have actually built not even temples or any wonders at all, and then I probably would win even 15 turns earlier...
Last edited by mmm2 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edrim

Post by edrim »

mmm2 wrote:If I had to do it again, I would have actually built not even temples or any wonders at all, and then I probably would win even 15 turns earlier...
I am not going to make any more changes this time. Once you will win fast settings will be changed for next game faster because of end LW2. But now you have to remember that you will play in "a" board where everybody knows what are you doing and maybe you will not able to backstab anyone like you did in LW1b:)
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

that's fine.. maybe we should wait to start ladder war for few more months though? This ladder war also makes sense for another reason: it is good game for those to join if they die young in the classic LT game. There probably won't be RIP's or idlers/abandoned gamers for at least another month... maybe best to wait for this?
edrim

Post by edrim »

Ladder games has been invited as a couple games (10?) in a row, we have stopped it a little because LW1 ended in vacation but now i hope it will not be delayed anymore.
Deadlines are strictly written, i will change it for LW3 because of polls has been removed at all, so we will have only discuss about settings time and start a game, so prepare to have LW3 quite short after LW2 end.
edrim

Post by edrim »

Another problem with units capturable and idlers (same as bribe units).
How about to set dispersion set to 0
Once explorer are not capturable idlers will have to killed not bribed or captured.
First post updated.
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

edrim wrote:
mmm2 wrote:If I had to do it again, I would have actually built not even temples or any wonders at all, and then I probably would win even 15 turns earlier...
I am not going to make any more changes this time. Once you will win fast settings will be changed for next game faster because of end LW2. But now you have to remember that you will play in "a" board where everybody knows what are you doing and maybe you will not able to backstab anyone like you did in LW1b:)
I was allied with mmm2, and I am pretty sure that he did not back stab anyone. There was some confusion with Kull, I cannot remember the details, but that was mostly due to poor communication on my part.
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

What is the ruleset of this game?
edrim

Post by edrim »

ifaesfu wrote:What is the ruleset of this game?
The ruleset is on github: https://github.com/longturn/games/tree/master/LW2/
edrim

Post by edrim »

Sorry guys but i must go out for couple of days, LW2 series will start about 18.09
edrim

Post by edrim »

We will start today, no test games.

3 boards with 12 players each, it means that max winning ally is 3, remember that if you have 4 players ally and last enemy die it will end a game suddenly.

LW2a game is on port 5121
LW2b game is on port 5122
LW2c game is on port 5123
edrim

Post by edrim »

Game has been started - first turn 3 days, please click "Turn done" in first turn to show you are alive.
After 3 turns after start idlers will be removed imidietly.
After removing initial idlers idlers will be removed after 10 days (probably) of idling.

Everybody can check game and port connected to his nation in http://www.longturn.org

Ports:

LW2a - 5121
LW2b - 5122
LW2c - 5123

Rules - http://forum.longturn.org/viewtopic.php?id=335
mrsynical

Post by mrsynical »

edrim wrote:remember that if you have 4 players ally and last enemy die it will end a game suddenly.
Thank you for starting games. Can you please re-explain the statement above?
edrim

Post by edrim »

mrsynical wrote:
edrim wrote:remember that if you have 4 players ally and last enemy die it will end a game suddenly.
Thank you for starting games. Can you please re-explain the statement above?
There is a settings said that game will end with one ally alive, so if you have ally and nobody is alive game will ends in a time last enemy RIP.
So if you have 4 players alliance (stat ingame) and kill rest 8 players game will ends, and you need to decide who will in 3 players winning ally and 4th player should agree to surrender, if not game will end in a tie of 4 players, because there is not a chance to kill this player.
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

It is now T1 in LW2a. Sorry for the delay.
edrim

Post by edrim »

Probably in LW2c will be less then 12 players, all initial idlers will be removed by making them RIP, all idlers will be punished by not able to play in next two LW games. If you have any information that one of them went out for vacation or anything else please write here, idlers will be removed after T3 when they will show up in idlers column in nations menu.
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

bah i just missed this game.. if there are any idlers that need replacement, i will take. thanks!
edrim

Post by edrim »

mmm2 wrote:bah i just missed this game.. if there are any idlers that need replacement, i will take. thanks!
Hmm, i am sure that you were on signup list and we have sent emails about it.
How did you able to miss it.
I dont think idler replacement in this game is possible, because of ladderation of players.
You should be able to take idler from "a" game and in "a" game it is not idlers at all, same like in "b" game.
Idlers are in "c" game but i am sure you would not feel there good, or players in "c" game would not feel good ;)
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

well edrim, i have to say congrats on Ladder war concept. I was one of your biggest skeptics in beginning, but now it looks to be great alternative to massive 50+ player games.. btw: reason why i just wanted to join was because my game is in losing position, so now i had time for ladder.
edrim

Post by edrim »

mmm2 wrote:well edrim, i have to say congrats on Ladder war concept. I was one of your biggest skeptics in beginning, but now it looks to be great alternative to massive 50+ player games.. btw: reason why i just wanted to join was because my game is in losing position, so now i had time for ladder.
I hope LadderGames will not delay between LW2 and LW3 so you nedd to take care about deadlines to signup. You still have 3 points so it is good position to play next LW game.

I wonder if any board will push hard and end a game in early stage.
edrim

Post by edrim »

edrim wrote: -killstack off
-no techtrade at all (trade, conquering, stealing) techlost_recv=100, techlost_donor=0.
-tech_leakage = 2
-restrictinfra off - already in LW1
-walls upkeep 1 gold (1 gold+prod?)
-tiredattack off - already in LW1
-25 hours timeout
-dispersion=0
I am looking forward about your opinion about this settings. Please share your thoughts. Does no techtrade works nice or you would like to trade techs again?
NeverMind

Post by NeverMind »

"Kill stack" off - no problem encountered with this.

I love "no tech-trade at all". I'm enjoying this rule. And I vote for keeping it for next rules.

"Restrict infra" off - no problem.

"Walls upkeep 1 gold" - no problem.

"Tired attack" off - actually, I don't think it's off... It showed me lower chance of winning when tried to attack "tired" - and my units really failed like "tired attack" was not off... What's your experiences? I may be wrong...

"25 hours timeout" - I like it.

"Dispersion=0" - a great rule, pretty much solving the problem with idlers.

LW2 ruleset is the best from all rulesets I've met till now. Thanks for it! ;)

For the next LW, I'd set "minimum distance between cities" lower than 5 (the map may be smaller, if necessary), make ancient and middle ages units easier accessible by lowering their price and cancel the endlessness of MPs while using railroads.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

"25 hours timeout"
Sorry for barging in, I'm just curious, what's the reasoning behind this?
StratThinker

Post by StratThinker »

Corbeau wrote:
"25 hours timeout"
Sorry for barging in, I'm just curious, what's the reasoning behind this?
I suggested it. Basically in LT32 I was coordinating moves with Sadain but due to differing time zones there was only 1 convenient hour a day when we could both be online. This was fine most of the time, but once every 24 days that hour did not fall on a turn. Now we could not reschedule an hour later because of unit wait time, and we could not reschedule an hour earlier because then the next day we would have to schedule 2 hours earlier ect. Now if there are 25 hours in a turn, then this problem never occurs; in fact there will be one turn where such a convenient hour falls twice on one turn.

I have not needed this rule in this game, but someone might have and I might need it in a future game, hence I would like it if we keep it.