Server down.

Finished (team)
edrim

Server down.

Post by edrim »

Sorry guys but it seems that session with game is dead now.
Akfaew didn't show me how to reopen it in proper way and i prefer to delay server up then doing something wrong with future problems.
pipo

Post by pipo »

edrim wrote:Sorry guys but it seems that session with game is dead now.
May we know why is the server down?
Another disk problem? Did it just crash? Is the machine up?

BTW: Is there another way to get to the civserver software?
This does not work;
git clone git://git.longturn.org/lt_scripts.git

git.longturn.org[0: 37.187.98.114]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
det0r

Post by det0r »

The machine is responding to ping requests so I doubt it is hardware failure again, the LT server may have just crashed. I am happy to wait for akfaew to return if edrim thinks that is best.
edrim

Post by edrim »

We are back again.
TC is 24h from now, but i think we can stop it for some time for everybody notice that we are back.
pipo

Post by pipo »

Thank you akfaew!!

I had a hunch it would be something similar.
My intuition tells me we are goog for 3-5 turns and then crash again...
If we survive this turn.

Let's see how it goes.

In the mean time, would you tell me why this does not work? ;

git clone git://git.longturn.org/lt_scripts.git

Thank you again!
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

i cannot tell if anyone on our team has logged back in for turn 66 - hard to tell if logins were from before or after server crash.

why wasn't the time set for 72 hours, isn't that custom to set timeout to 3 days after there has been a server outage?

looks like we will have a bunch of players miss their moves this turn :(
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

akfaew wrote:The server died with a segfault, so it might die again. Might be some building or tech somebody researched.
I was online when the server died, I didn't see anything happening that would have caused a crash. It was a few hours before TC so it is possible but very unlikely that someone had just researched a new tech.
edrim

Post by edrim »

mmm2 wrote:i cannot tell if anyone on our team has logged back in for turn 66 - hard to tell if logins were from before or after server crash.

why wasn't the time set for 72 hours, isn't that custom to set timeout to 3 days after there has been a server outage?

looks like we will have a bunch of players miss their moves this turn :(
This turn is 72 hours or little more, it just took time for changeing it.
pipo

Post by pipo »

akfaew wrote:
So many server moves and crashes, so little time :) I'll share a .tgz as soon as I have proper computer access. Or perhaps I already have, I seem to recall? Please search "tgz" or "tar.bz2" thru all my posts or something.
I did, just now and could not find anything. Thank you very much for answering. I understand your time limitation on this.

There is one bz2 across the whole forum for Kryon's pictures of LT31 and lots of tgz but only the with the ruleset (including a server in binaries but I have incompatible shared libraries :-( ).

I will wait for when you have time. I you just post the link in the forum I will notice.

Thanks again!!
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

Anyone else having trouble connecting? I was just logged in a the server stopped responding to moves/chat. Ping lt32.longturn.org works fine, but can't reconnect at all.

I didn't do anything, I promise. :)
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

cgalik wrote:Anyone else having trouble connecting? I was just logged in a the server stopped responding to moves/chat. Ping lt32.longturn.org works fine, but can't reconnect at all.

ok forget that, it is fine now. Maybe it was saving a game or something?