Server Down?

Finished (teamless)
maho

Post by maho »

I think it's great idea. Start LT32 with the same settings/players as LT31.

When server is up - then of course, we can resume LT31 :)
elrik

Post by elrik »

Its a great idea BUT i highly recommend change in techlos settings:) for example:

- chance to lose tech when giving 10%
- chance to lose tech when receaving 10%
- penaulty when getting tech from trade 30%
- penaulty when getting free tech 30%
- penaulty when getting tech from conquer 30%
Last edited by elrik on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

akfaew wrote:Apparently the gameplanet guys get hosting for free as well, all I know is they have to wait for when it is convenient for the hoster to let them in and fix it.

It seems nobody knows when we will be back. Maybe we should assume never, and just start a new game, and then have two games running if we recover our LT31 save. If we go thru with it I will probably make the generator like in previous games, i.e. everybody on one landmass. Anybody thinks this is a bad idea?
Yea that makes sense, I'm all for it.
det0r

Post by det0r »

The admin is going to check out the the physical server in about 30 mins. Fingers crossed he will be able to recover the data.
Lord_P

Post by Lord_P »

Excellent! Your effort is apreciated akfaew. It would be nice to have a second game running in parralel but it sounds like you are quite busy already.
If you do set up a second game it would be good if it was the LTex type. I think having a less serious game that anyone can join in a short time is essential for attracting new players. Many people joined the last LTex and then signed up for LT31, but most didnt come back to confirm participation after the long pause.
Archont

Post by Archont »

Please do not forget about mail notification!
..(`) In my spirit lies my faith
.( ) Stronger than love and with me it will be
/(* *) For always
./(_)()
Orchestra!
Xercise

Post by Xercise »

Great news!

FYI, I have received no email notification to my yahoo address. I suppose the log on details will change? Can you post them here in the forum, thanks.

Xercise
fox

Post by fox »

I have tried to reach the game, but I have not been able to. I'm not sure if it has crashed again, or if I've lost the ability to connect to the working game.

I used lt31.longturn.org, port 5031, my name in the game, and the program simply stops responding. I have given the program the necessary permissions and even re-installed it, but to no avail. Is anyone else not able to reach the restored game?
fox

Post by fox »

I am now getting the "The operation completed successfully" when I try to connect, but I am not able to enter my pw or enter the game. I am running 2.3.3 because I un-installed and re-installed. I was able to move last night, but some 24 hours later I am getting this error. Is the server still working?
kingofnerds

Post by kingofnerds »

I too was able to do my turn last night, but now I am getting connection refused..
==== In the end, Nerds with Linux will rule the world ====
Archont

Post by Archont »

I was kicked from the game and can not login again - "Operacja ukończona pomyślnie".

Next motherboard fried?
..(`) In my spirit lies my faith
.( ) Stronger than love and with me it will be
/(* *) For always
./(_)()
Orchestra!
Dimitril

Post by Dimitril »

yep, serveur down again
det0r

Post by det0r »

Hmm, weird. I'll try hurry up the GP admin for games1.

We will have to wait for meshugga to find out what is wrong with the current server I guess.
Xercise

Post by Xercise »

Thanks Akfaew! I am able to log in now and see there is an extension to T49 for another 20 hours to 6 AM (GMT).
Last edited by Xercise on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xercise

Post by Xercise »

Anyone else not able to access LT31?
o01eg

Post by o01eg »

I cann't connect too.
Vendicar

Post by Vendicar »

Me neither.
elpollodiablo

Post by elpollodiablo »

Sorry for the downtime, an employee at my hoster rebooted the server in error and now, after a year of uptime, the disk seems to have had a panic attack or something and won't register with the bios ...

I have a feeling that this is a disk controller problem and not a disk problem (in which case I should be able to fix that today), but in case it is a disk problem, akfaew already told me that he has a backup, and if I can't get the hoster to restore the disk, we'll have a backup running on one of my other machines within a day or two (depends on how fast akfaews line is and when he has time).

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Last edited by elpollodiablo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.