Ltex32b giving connection refused

Finished (experimental)
kingofnerds

Ltex32b giving connection refused

Post by kingofnerds »

Am I the only one who is getting connection refused when trying to connect to ltex23b?
==== In the end, Nerds with Linux will rule the world ====
johnhx

Post by johnhx »

No. And the turn counter hasn't moved on from T62 either.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

Still down for me too. Thanks admins for all your work.
Vendicar

Post by Vendicar »

I can't get on either. I just get "The operation completed successfully" but it doesn't give me anything.
kyrilus

Post by kyrilus »

"connection refused" at breakfast, bad day :/
mrsynical

Post by mrsynical »

I heard the data center where the server is located lost power today. I presume power is restored by now, but an admin will need to reactivate the server and set turn changes etc.
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

Thanks for the info, so sad, well not like going hungry sad, or like even getting fired sad, but hey I like this game! I should be able have some kind of emotional response with out all these guilt games. Oh great now my wife is calling me a "#*&#! Girl"
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

The same here. Also I tried to connect 19 hours ago. I thought it was to remove pirates, but I don't know if it's possible. They have already destroyed a city.
kingofnerds

Post by kingofnerds »

good to know that I was not the only one with the problem
kingofnerds

Post by kingofnerds »

I was just able to log in, but it is still on turn 62 and says that there is just over 24 hours left...
det0r

Post by det0r »

Yeah akfaew will have rolled it back to the save at the beginning of the previous turn and increase the turn length to 48h so that nobody is disadvantaged by the server downtime.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

I logged on 5 minutes before the turn, and the server was up fine.

Then came back after TC, and client is giving "The operation completed successfully." Server responds to ping, but client can't connect.
Robodave

Post by Robodave »

I think the game is crashing when the barbarians capture a city. Maybe changing Barbarians to a normal player broke them?
johnhx

Post by johnhx »

Can we have turn 62 again? There's something I’d like to change.

ps. well done admin
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

1: No nation found! maybe an error when the server tries to create a pirate nation and there are no available nations to choose from.

Last game we altered the file pirates.ruelset in the nations folder to make pirates playable.
The lines changed were
is_playable = 0
barbarian_type = "Sea"

There are no other nations in this folder with barbarian_type = "Sea"
To fix this crash either turn off pirates or add barbarian_type = "Sea" to one of the unused nations.

I am very impressed with the imaginations of all those players who have already seen pirates in this game.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

kevin551 wrote:I am very impressed with the imaginations of all those players who have already seen pirates in this game.
Wow! My imagination has just improved too. I just chatted to Cofresí the pirate. He says he want to play Puerto Rico. And he doesn't like the easy setting, he wants to be hard.

Must be the wine. Apologies to all the players I doubted earlier. Cofresí is alive and well. For another few hours at least.
Joe9009

Post by Joe9009 »

Is the game having another bout of downtime? I only ask to find out if I am the only who can't get on.
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

Joe9009 wrote:Is the game having another bout of downtime? I only ask to find out if I am the only who can't get on.
I can't either
kingofnerds

Post by kingofnerds »

nor can I
det0r

Post by det0r »

This time the machine is still alive so I'm guessing the FreeCiv server crashed. You might have to wait ~12 hours before akfaew has time to fix it.
kingofnerds

Post by kingofnerds »

did it ever come up? or is it still down?
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

It did come up and rolled back to the beginning of last turn. But now it crashed again? As i could get in 4 hours before turn change, now connection refused again.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

If this bug is the same one recurring - server crashes when pirate captures a city intact - and it is not being fixed, then we have to find other solutions.

I think we should all strongly defend all coastal and near coastal cities from surprise attack. I think the pirate AI has the power to cheat. It sees the entire map, and can see inside all cities. A pirate boat can appear at TC anywhere.

I don't know if 'slow_invasions' or 'unit wait time' applies to the AI. If not it means the AI can unload units which can then move and attack immediately.

Despite these 'cheats' it really is very easy to beat the AI.
det0r

Post by det0r »

If the crashes are being caused by the pirates capturing cities, can we just remove the pirates?