How much chat is there in a normal LT game?

Finished (experimental)
Joe9009

How much chat is there in a normal LT game?

Post by Joe9009 »

We are on turn 43 in LTeX23B, and I have only talked to about 8 player and most were very short conversations. And many time I chat to them and they don't chat back even days later. My question is , Is the chat line the normal way to interact in these games or am I missing something. I have looked up one players email then the realized that might be out of bounds to email, really not sure as I am still new to LT. Or is everyone else already grouped up and have trade all there tech in which case I am about to be a die a horrible death. (well as horrible as a fake death that only effects the game me that will ultimately be reborn in the next game).

When do big alliances start forming and is there an alliance cap? I seem to remember people yelling about that but what was ultimately decided?
det0r

Post by det0r »

Most people talk in private chat (i.e. they put the user name followed by a colon and the message), or in ally chat (once in an alliance). In LT30 there was much more public chat than usual, although most of us considered it as spam and didn't bother reading.
mrsynical

Post by mrsynical »

the EX games are not typical games (as it is for trying out new rules, and people are testing out tactics). I guess there is less chatting.

In a normal game alliances form very quickly. Emailing (via the contact tab) is ok. Chatting via the terminal is typical - many people don't don't have time to chat though.
Joe9009 wrote:We are on turn 43 in LTeX23B, and I have only talked to about 8 player and most were very short conversations. And many time I chat to them and they don't chat back even days later. My question is , Is the chat line the normal way to interact in these games or am I missing something. I have looked up one players email then the realized that might be out of bounds to email, really not sure as I am still new to LT. Or is everyone else already grouped up and have trade all there tech in which case I am about to be a die a horrible death. (well as horrible as a fake death that only effects the game me that will ultimately be reborn in the next game).

When do big alliances start forming and is there an alliance cap? I seem to remember people yelling about that but what was ultimately decided?
kingofnerds

Post by kingofnerds »

Also, this is the first lt game which has had a time limit as to how long a user can stay logged into the server. This means that the users are focusing more on making their moves, and less on the chat section.
==== In the end, Nerds with Linux will rule the world ====