Changing unitwaittime to apply every unit on the game

Finished (teamless)
wieder

Changing unitwaittime to apply every unit on the game

Post by wieder »

How about changing the unitwaittime to apply every unit on the game to make 24/7 less effective and prevent "double turns" done just around the TC? For example if I moved one single unit 2h before the TC, I couldn't move anything before 8 hours had passed from the TC. This would still make it possible to adjust productions, planning the game and talking with the other players in the game chat. This and changing the TC to happen at random time would take away some of the problems.

Sorry if this was proposed before.
jhh

Post by jhh »

wieder wrote:How about changing the unitwaittime to apply every unit on the game to make 24/7 less effective and prevent "double turns" done just around the TC? For example if I moved one single unit 2h before the TC, I couldn't move anything before 8 hours had passed from the TC. This would still make it possible to adjust productions, planning the game and talking with the other players in the game chat. This and changing the TC to happen at random time would take away some of the problems.
Good idea. I suggest that it would be 6h after TC, so it would be total 8h since last activity, as it is now too. I guess you probably meant that already.
jhh

Post by jhh »

Problem is though, that with alliances, you could exploit this. One player attacks before TC, another after. It should be per alliance... that also would make it better to have a smaller alliance.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

wieder, it does solve in part the "double turn" road exploit.

jhh, good thought on the alliance exploit. But unitwaittime is currently at 10 hours, not 8. :)

However, wouldn't it be a problem if for example you had fighters in the field and they moved back into city automatically right before TC? Then no goto's would work either, which would be fine.
jhh

Post by jhh »

cgalik wrote:wieder, it does solve in part the "double turn" road exploit.
Yes, you can make road, but not move your units using it... same goes to purging the road, true.
cgalik wrote: jhh, good thought on the alliance exploit. But unitwaittime is currently at 10 hours, not 8. :)
No, I meant if you move your unit 2 h before TC, it is 8 hours *after* TC. So 10 hours of unitwaittime. AFAIK that's how it works now. Wieder wrote, if you move 2 hours before, it would be 10 hours after TC -- so it would be 12 hours of waiting.
cgalik wrote:However, wouldn't it be a problem if for example you had fighters in the field and they moved back into city automatically right before TC? Then no goto's would work either, which would be fine.
True, but actually, this could fix the problem with fighters too... If you are using that trick, you would always be paralized 10 h after TC. Not neccessary a bad thing. Same goes to "delayed goto" feature.
Last edited by jhh on Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhh

Post by jhh »

Heh. Yeah, I did somehow think it was 8 hours, not 10. I guess I am still affected by sleep. :-)
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

wieder wrote:How about changing the unitwaittime to apply every unit on the game to make 24/7 less effective and prevent "double turns" done just around the TC? For example if I moved one single unit 2h before the TC, I couldn't move anything before 8 hours had passed from the TC. This would still make it possible to adjust productions, planning the game and talking with the other players in the game chat. This and changing the TC to happen at random time would take away some of the problems.

Sorry if this was proposed before.
Again, I do not like new "complicated" rules. Much better to solve the TC roads (and fortresses) by forbid working enemy land, or make it x times more difficoult (in terms of working time).
I would know some opinion and expecially criticism on this simple feature, which - I don't understand why - everyone keeps ignoring.