any way of changing fighter bahaviour?

Finished (experimental)
elrik

any way of changing fighter bahaviour?

Post by elrik »

Is there any way of solving this problem? Why fighter attack ground units first? In my opinion its a huge bug and very annoying one. Can it be changed so that air units attack air units first?
KG

Post by KG »

more annoying is that if there is a fighter on a tile then no ground unit can attack that tile. it would be better if ground units could be attacked and if lost then only fighter remains on a tile
elrik

Post by elrik »

I know that it is not exactly a bug. Fighting system work as it should, its just not the way it should work. Air unit should attack air unit first.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

The only way I have found of getting round this bug under the current ruleset is with a new unit the 'kamikaze' fighter.

This fighter has the same attack as a missile and will be destroyed on use, but is much cheaper than a missile and can attack tiles with planes in flight. You would still have to kill the units under the defending aircraft but it would be easier than under the current system.
det0r

Post by det0r »

I agree with elrik. When units are located outside of a city, the fighter should first engage the defensive fighter (dogfight), and then once the defensive fighter is dead, there is a chance of stack kill/non-air units can attack.
elrik

Post by elrik »

kamikaze unit??!! WOW sounds great!:)