LT45 has ended!

Finished (team)
cgalik

LT45 has ended!

Post by cgalik »

LT45 has ended on T128 (209 CE) with Team Blue landing the spaceship. Team Blue was: cgalik, jwrober, Mooreinstore and Petron (as late idler replacement). (Also on Blue: emilio, kunki, and Livius went idle)

According to the winning conditions: http://forum.longturn.net/viewtopic.php?id=1093 (or http://forum.longturn.org/viewtopic.php?id=1093 once domain is fixed) Spaceship team gets +1000 points. But here's the final in-game scores before the +1000:

Congrats to Zoltan for top score! Also on Team Black was: Alfred, Dion and Xandr. They were the best team in the game, no question. They had taken over a lot of the world, which forced my only option to go was for Spaceship.

For the record, the spaceship was built in two turns:
T119: Built 3 Space Modules (960 shield) and Built 16 Space Components (480 shield), and 5 Space Structural (240 shied)
T120: Built 15 Space Structural (240 shield)
T121: Launched Spaceship

This caused a few in-game messages:

Code: Select all

(T119 - 22:49:04) The Slovakians have started building a spaceship!
And in year T121:

The Slovakians have launched a spaceship!  It is estimated to arrive at Alpha Centauri in 209 CE.
I was expecting an attack on my capital, so I stacked it with 400 units, headed by my explorer.

But it surprised Team Black that game ended as they had missed the ship messages. So kind of anticlimactic to launch without anyone attacking your capital... I surrounded it with Stealth Fighters (as I thought they noted the launched ship):

Hattip to Team White: Buggy, Kevin551, Orisson, Wahazzar, Zoe who kept Team Black busy so didn't notice my Spaceship. After I had a big attack taking out Orisson's cap and some innercities in White, we made a peace deal with them, which allowed me to build the ship. :)

Thanks to everyone for playing! Thanks to wieder for admin'ing! And thanks to akfaew for running the server, and lastly thanks to meshugga / elpollodiablo for the LT server!
zoltan

Post by zoltan »

Fake news.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

-
Congratulations to all on team blue, and particularly to cgalik the captain.
He defended well for the first half of the game and I wasn't able to expand my empire.

Looking at the kill ratios in the last two columns above I was top. Shame I couldn't match the production of the leading players.
Thanks to the members of my team. We played well, but were surrounded 3 against 1.

I am really surprised that team black hadn't prepared an army to take out the spaceship. I assumed they would, and went out of my way to destroy it.
If it wasn't for cgalik then presumably this army was for me. I nuked it just in time!

Bremen: 1 Carrier, 41 Cruise Missiles, 10 Armor, 2 Howitzers, 1 Artillery, 1 Bomber, 1 Spy, 5 Fanatics, 1 Alpine, 1 Marine
Berlin: 5 Bombers,  1 Armor, 2 Howitzers, 1 Fanatics, 1 Alpine
Bochum: 37 Cruise Missiles, 1 Engineer, 3 Submarine, 1 Fighter, 1 Transport, 5 Fanatics, 4 Marines, 2 Armor, 1 Alpine
xandr

Post by xandr »

No need to be surprised Kevin, the army was built but neither it was positioned for an attack on Team Blue, nor anyone in team Black was aware of the spaceship being built and launched.
Props for the nuclear attack on Germany, however I need to note that whatever you destroyed (I counted 129 units) is roughly 3% of what we've built (4071) :-P
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

-
Yes, there is a major reason to be surprised. Xandr it was you who was talking about the spaceship to Zoe on the day of it's launch.

You are right though team black worked together as the best co-ordinated and most productive team. Well done.
xandr

Post by xandr »

It was quite logical to expect it being built after Team Blue building Apollo, researching all the required techs and a surprising lack of action on White/Blue front, so it should not be a surprise I mentioned it given that Team White chose us as a bigger of the two threats. Still it came out unexpectedly and I wish I paid closer attention to notifications.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

xandr wrote:It was quite logical to expect it being built after Team Blue building Apollo, researching all the required techs and a surprising lack of action on White/Blue front, so it should not be a surprise I mentioned it given that Team White chose us as a bigger of the two threats. Still it came out unexpectedly and I wish I paid closer attention to notifications.
Also in the future note besides the 2 messages at TC, you can check Spaceship anytime with Nations tab -> Slovakian -> Intelligence -> Spaceship.