How Many Human Players are on Each Team?

Finished (team)
zoe

Post by zoe »

As far as I know:

Team Blue: cgalik, jwrober, Mooreinstore, Livius, Temmikael

Team White: Kevin, Buggy, Orisson, Ghamath, Zoe, Shoter, Wahazar

Team Red: kamBLR, BeckettTheGreat, petromax, chill, soon

Team Green: Corbeau, Sigur, Hans Lemurson, SKB, rockandrolf

Team Black: Alfred, Xandr, Zoltan, Dion, Kingi, Joy

I might be missing someone though.
Hans_Lemurson

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

If you look in the Nations tab (F3) and display the usernames for the nations, every nation marked "unassigned" represents a missing human player.

It doesn't tell you which player is missing though, because when I am playing Silesia (because pieronjeden was a no-show), California's player is marked "unassigned".
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

Congrats to all in team white. We are the only real team.
Quite impressive considering we lost our 'secret captain' before the start.
20% are idlers. It seems less than I thought.
And as always it is the rampant militarist who plays multiple nations throughout the game.
Last team game I played LT32; there were 2 real teams until the end. Mine and cgalik's.
Hans_Lemurson

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

kevin551 wrote:Congrats to all in team white. We are the only real team.
Quite impressive considering we lost our 'secret captain' before the start.
20% are idlers. It seems less than I thought.
And as always it is the rampant militarist who plays multiple nations throughout the game.
Last team game I played LT32; there were 2 real teams until the end. Mine and cgalik's.
Wait...what do you mean by "Real Teams"?
You can't be a real team if your members have external pressures in their life?
You can't be a "real team" if you aren't given a replacement member for your no-shows?

My rampant militarism had nothing to do with controlling two different nations.
Are you complaining that the players most likely to take over an empty slot are the ones who are more competitive than average?

Are you saying that you look down on those willing to shoulder extra responsibility for their team, and justifying this by the fact that nobody on your team has had to do this?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Hans_Lemurson

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

You can't spell "WHINE" without "WIN".
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

-
Corbeau - the players I most respect are those who are consistent in their honesty.
Before this game started I wanted to reduce the number of idlers. You seemed to agree.
Corbeau wrote:
kevin551 wrote:It will help to find out the number of idlers in this game before the real game starts.
THIS is a VERY good point! I fully support it!
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Yes, I agree with doing our best to decrease the number of idlers. I would also like to reduce the number of whiners. It seems that both endeavours are equally successful.
zoe

Post by zoe »

Winners or whiners? :D
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

Corbeau wrote:Yes, I agree with doing our best to decrease the number of idlers. I would also like to reduce the number of whiners. It seems that both endeavours are equally successful.
Good. The first part of your statement seems accurate. Adding a new person ABB to team Green when an existing player leaves is the correct way to play. Congratulations to Team Green. This is in strong contrast to the other teams.

Corbeau! Now to test the second part of your statement. No whining please. If someone on Team White leaves I intend to ask Wieder to be a replacement. Wieder was on my team in LT32 and I think he is a good player.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

The only thing I'm whining about is excessive whining by others :P That's the kind of person I am. I adapt to the surroundings :P

EDIT: Wait... Wieder to join YOUR team? No! No! NOOO!!!

Last edited by Corbeau on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

kevin551 wrote: If someone on Team White leaves I intend to ask Wieder to be a replacement. Wieder was on my team in LT32 and I think he is a good player.
Sounds good by me, I like a challenge. In fact, White just lost ghamath right before you wrote this... was this planned?!? :P
wieder

Post by wieder »

LT42 is already too much so a team game would be way too much. And someone might also object :)

I hope there will be a replacement player soon enough.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

For the record, nirti's replacement buggy wrote in public chat:
(T96 - 21:30:44) <nirti> : fyi everyone, kevin551 is taking over my nation as of next turn. good luck to (almost) everyone!
(T96 - 21:30:55) Lost connection: buggy from X.X.X.X (client disconnected) (player nirti).
kevin551 wrote:If someone on Team White leaves I intend to ask Wieder to be a replacement.
Not sure if you were joking or serious about this part, Kevin?
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Some my toughs after this game:
1. negative bulb exploit should be removed - either techpenalty = techlossrestore, or just make them zero, and add tech upkeep instead.
1b. either diplchance_steal or diplchance should be higher,
2. Missile with 1 hp is rather worthless now (sometimes have chance to decrease enemy hp, sometimes leave it untouched),
but targets = "Air", "Missile", "Helicopter" would make much more sense for such unit.
Cruise missile should remains as it is.
3. Final 'hot chair' climate change play is annoying. I suspect most part of pollution originate from city population, which is much higher in LT games due to higher city radius.
Mass Transit and Recycling center should be used as city growth limiters (another idea is to decrease initial city radius, but increase it when Mass Transit exists)
wieder

Post by wieder »

Tech upkeep would allow the same exploit. The negative bulb exploit was there because of the team game and tech trading enabled. The alternative would have been removing the cost of giving techs to someone.

diplchance_steal is independent from diplchance. Do you mean it was too hard to steal? What do the others think? Stealing is usually completely turned off and some players were afraid that even a 5% chance would be too easy. Now it's more easy to see how easy it was in reality - in the virtual reality game :)

Missiles could be made sightly better. The HP1 part was to emulate the crude WW2/50's missiles for those player who just can't yet get to the real stuff with cruise missiles. Would HP2 do the trick? Or maybe doing the LT40 way and making the missiles able to kill air units. Might make sense with HP1?

The global warming is now adjusted (-50%) for LT47.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

1. what about techlossrestore -1 ? I restore bulbs to zero, when negative.
2. I feel sorry, that soon's wasted army of diplomats and didn't get any tech from me.
3. HP1 + attacking air/missile units make sense. Currently killing loaded sub or carrier result in bunch of planes/missiles which can flee away starting from water and you can't even prevent it.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Since I mistakenly used this topic to put settings proposal for further games, I will continue this.
Nukes. I feel they are too easy. 160 shields to conquer soon's cities, instead of 700 shields for howitzers/tanks.
On the other side, 100% SDI is also too easy.
My proposal:
1. 75% SDI.
2. Nuclear unit more expensive, and can be built only in presence of Nuclear Plant
(its tech req. can be also shifted to Nuclear Power, because it is anyway not accessible directly after Fission research, Manhattan must to be done + adv. flight)
Last edited by Wahazar on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.