Bug(s) in the LT42 ruleset

Finished (Teamless)
Corbeau

Bug(s) in the LT42 ruleset

Post by Corbeau »

A medium-seriousness bug was discovered in LT42 ruleset a few days ago. I forgot who found it and reported it on Discord, whoever it was, thank you.

Bonus effects from power/hydro/solar/nuclear plants do not work if you have build a "Factory, MF" instead of a regular Factory.

Context:
Early in the game you can build Manufaktur building. It increases your city production (shields) by 2 (two). Once you discover Industrialization, the Manufaktur stops working and is "turned into a museum" and gives 2 Trade instead. However, if a Manufaktur is present in the city, you can build Factory (officially called "Factory, MF") with a discount. This Factory (MF) has the bug described above.

If you have built a Manufaktur, you can not build a regular factory. You can only build the "buggy" Factory MF.

HOWEVER, you SHOULD BE ABLE TO simply sell Manufaktur before starting to buld a regular Factory and things should be fine.

I was in favour of fixing the problem, but, for the record, Wieder was against it "because there is a long tradition of not changing the ruleset once the game starts even if there are serious bugs in the ruleset". This will probably be the principle in the future, too.
Last edited by Corbeau on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fran

Post by fran »

Corbeau wrote: HOWEVER, you SHOULD BE ABLE TO simply sell Manufaktur before starting to buld a regular Factory and things should be fine.
He, that was my secret. Why do you tell it publicly.
Corbeau wrote: I was in favour of fixing the problem, but, for the record, Wieder was against it "because there is a long tradition of not changing the ruleset once the game starts even if there are serious bugs in the ruleset". This will probably be the principle in the future, too.
You're talking nonsense now. Myself reported that bug in test game, and you said you would look into it. In fact, in the next test game looked to me solved, but the possibility of getting a second factory by selling the manufaktur sprang into my eye.

So it has NOTHING to do with wieder but a lot with the fact that reporting on discord in some cases is as durable as spitting into the closet.
fran

Post by fran »

A real bug into this ruleset is having workers capturable given their extraordinary cost.
And that's the only thing I would call "bug" so far.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

You shouldn't eat strong food too early in the morning, it obviously upsets your stomach and makes you grumpy for the rest of the day. Fortunately, modern medicine has a cure. I'm really not sure why you are not using it. It would benefit you very much.

Obviously I missed your report because I remember a number of people reporting things, but not you. Oh well, shit happens. (Actually, I remember something similar being reported, but not exactly this. I thought I fixed everything taht got reported, but oh well... Humanum errare est or something like that.)

As for reporting things on Discord, you are absolutely right. This is why I repeated the whole time: please report on the forum or, if you really have to, on Discord.