Quitting game

Finished (Team)
fran

Quitting game

Post by fran »

On behalf of the great Ainu nation I announce quitting LT44
Hans_Lemurson

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

How did Blue team get infected with such defeatism? You're a veteran player...what happened? What lead up to this collapse in morale?
fran

Post by fran »

Hans_Lemurson wrote:You're a veteran player...

I'm flattered, but your perception is wrong. I've little freeciv practice, even less longturn practice, and no longturn
team game practice at all. This was my 3rd game on longturn, and I finished none of them. AFAICS there is one veteran player on team blue: chill.
Last edited by fran on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoltan

Post by zoltan »

I resign
wieder

Post by wieder »

Here are game ending talks I wrote on discord:

wieder_fi - Today at 10:25 PM
there is a poorly defined procedure for giving up. on the rules. at least I think there is... let's see...
well.. at least it was defined somehow...
"If everyone alive is surrendering or announcing to quit playing the game will be ended. Idling for more than 3 turns equals to that."
so I guess according to the rules everyone on the team should make a giving up post
or...
the winners should make a winning post that no one objects
"Team victory. The winners need to announce the victory on the forum and if no one alive objects in 5 days the game will end. That's 5*24h. Player with a delegation can object. "
that's the team victory(edited)
then there is the 3rd option :smiley:
"The game can also be ended by announcing a in-game score based victory. In this case the players are ranked with the in-game score. There are full 7 days to object this and the game admin needs to approve the score based ending of the game. This kind of ending is unusual and the approving is there just to make sure it's not somehow accidental or something like that. Common sense will be used and the game will not be artificially extended by disapproving this. If needed the game admin will /take nations for getting the score. Preferably someone from both teams would publish the scores."
so... you need to decide what victory type will be used
Hans_Lemurson

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

Players quitting piecemeal seems pretty weak to me. Make an announcement thread saying something like: "As the duly appointed representative of Blue Team, I officially announce our surrender and declare the Red Team to be the victors of LT44"

That way we can tell the difference between the official end of a TEAM GAME, versus "Blue Team was betrayed by whining quitters".
You need to demonstrate that this is a collective action, not a fait accompli brought about by a rage-quitter. Because I can't really tell the difference right now, and as a first-time player, that does not give me a good impression of the Long-Turn community.
Last edited by Hans_Lemurson on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Oh, don't let that spoil your impression. Every community has that one uncle that everybody is embarrassed with and there is awkward silence around him at the family gatherings...
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Spam!
fran

Post by fran »

Corbeau wrote:Spam!
Pardon me?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

The post before mine, now deleted.
Caedo

Post by Caedo »

Corbeau wrote:The post before mine, now deleted.
You know there's the "Report" button in the bottom-left of each post?
wieder

Post by wieder »

Corbeau also knows how bad I'm (sometimes) with reading the reports. Even while those are really useful :)