democratie vs communisme in LT42

Finished (Teamless)
ptizoom

democratie vs communisme in LT42

Post by ptizoom »

I have played a bit of that and found that communism had been lessen...

it is really tight to balance tax/research/happiness, fine,
but it makes hardly playable and worse than democratie;

may be it is the effect intended?

indeed
"... Libraries and Universities actually decrease corruption, especially in Communism ...
Also, Stock Exchanges don't work under Communism at all, and Banks don't increase Luxuries.
..."

and yes, research should become quite tight and impossible....

"... But the goal is to increase production and make making people happy a bit more difficult.-..."

so I tryed the "Five Years Plans" and could hardly make it feel.

I was spending 272 gold on army And had a balance of +23g

rightly so, war is not cheap, but anyway... I could afford 3 times even better under democratie...

so the point of totalitarisme is lost.

pti-a) communism , as totalitarian kind of regime,
should allows to enslave citizens to some sort and bring them to do things cheaply for less food and luxuries.

pti-b) I mean under democratie any units upkeeps should be 300% times more gold expensive I think....?

to make regimes interesting, they have to bring an ascendant of some sort. and communism compared to democratie does not.

well this is my p.o.v.... what is yours?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

ptizoom wrote:and yes, research should become quite tight and impossible....
No, not really.
"... But the goal is to increase production and make making people happy a bit more difficult.-..."

so I tryed the "Five Years Plans" and could hardly make it feel.
How many cities did you have? The more cities, the greater the effect.
I was spending 272 gold on army And had a balance of +23g

rightly so, war is not cheap, but anyway... I could afford 3 times even better under democratie...
What does it mean "3 times better"? More numbers, please?

Also, and idea: make unit upkeep 1 gold free per city size? So, if a city has 1 Armour that is paid 5 coins per turn, city size 1 pays 4, city size 2 pays 3 etc.? What result would that yield?

pti-b) I mean under democratie any units upkeeps should be 300% times more gold expensive I think....?
Did you try Democracy? How well did it manage war?
to make regimes interesting, they have to bring an ascendant of some sort. and communism compared to democratie does not.
I don't understand this.