Cargo Aircraft available with Cargo Aviation

The follow up to the more experimental LT40. Based on LT40 but with more features, more units, new buildings, new techs on the tech tree and with improved unit based tech trading. LT46 will start sometime in 2020.
wieder

Cargo Aircraft available with Cargo Aviation

Post by wieder »

This airplane is also able to move Triremes and Coastal Transports making the enemy rivers vulnerable even in the late game.

[unit_cargo_aircraft]
name = _("Cargo Aircraft")
class = "Air"
tech_req = "Cargo Aviation"
obsolete_by = "None"
graphic = "u.cargoair"
graphic_alt = "u.bomber" ; backwards compatibility
sound_move = "m_awacs"
sound_move_alt = "m_generic"
sound_fight = "f_awacs"
sound_fight_alt = "f_generic"
build_cost = 260
pop_cost = 0
attack = 0
defense = 3
hitpoints = 30
firepower = 1
move_rate = 28
vision_radius_sq = 96
transport_cap = 1
fuel = 2
uk_happy = 0
uk_shield = 1
uk_food = 0
uk_gold = 1
cargo = "Land", "Small Land", "Big Land", "Big Siege", "Merchant", "Non Military", "Trireme"
flags = "Unbribable"
roles = ""
helptext = _("\
The Cargo Aircraft is an airplane with an exceptionally high range while caarying \
a heavy cargo. It is able to transport a wide range of units able to surprise your enemy. \
This exceptionally heavy airplane has no offecive capabilities but is able to defend.\
")
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I think being able to transport ships is a bit too much.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Idea with river transport is very good, but transporting it by aircraft is not only unrealistic, but in my opinion it would make general tacitcs and strategy 'flat'.
Besides this, what about encapsulating units - not sure if loaded boat can be loaded to another unit?

I have another proposal - some kind of patrol boat, a4d3, can use both deep ocean or rivers and carry one small land unit.
Large river transporter should be limited to continent.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah, we can remove the ability to transport trireme class ships.

So, the new ship could be called patrol boat or landing craft?
Sketlux

Post by Sketlux »

I would suggest both. A torpedo boat for patrolling and attacking ships (little defence, no transport cap.) and a landing craft with some basic attack and defense (imagine it has a machine gun and a little cannon to protect itself). Torpedo boat graphics are ready, landing craft only needs graphics for Amplio.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

If there is any way to prevent movement ending with bombardment, a bombard_rate=1 and attack=100 would serve the purpose perfectly: hit and run tactics, harassment, scouting etc.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Ok, masters of offtopic hit again. I saw something posted soewhere, but I don't know where it was so I'll reply here.

I don't think any cargo plane should be able to carry any kind of ship except small rubber boats that can carry infantry or non-combat units such as spies, diplomats and explorers. Maybe settlers.

Rubber boats should be a separate unit, attack=0 (for obvious reasons) so id tehy are loaded with something, the carried unit is actually doing the defence.