Adding population to city and disbanding cities

The follow up to the more experimental LT40. Based on LT40 but with more features, more units, new buildings, new techs on the tech tree and with improved unit based tech trading. LT46 will start sometime in 2020.
wieder

Adding population to city and disbanding cities

Post by wieder »

LT46 will have quite restrictive empire size limitations and conquering more cities is not going to be that productive if the player can't benefit from the new resources because of issues with unhappiness.

So how about this?

- adding population to a city would be possible up until size 16.
- an alternative migrant unit (cost 40) would be able to move 4 population units at once making it faster to disband conquered cities
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Interesting idea. I may steal it.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

wieder wrote: - adding population to a city would be possible up until size 16.
That is a major change and can get cities to grow to size 8->16 in a single turn, vs at least 16 turns (with enough food and granary) in previous rules. Do you need aqueduct to add the migrant to the population if size 8? Or would it make aqueducts less important this way.

Settlers already do 2 population points, and can starve the city's food-box so couldn't you currently already lose 3 population/turn if you wanted to?
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah, it's a major change and might need adjusting the aqueducts and sewers. I haven't tested it but apparently aqueduct is not needed for adding to the city even if the city would be bigger than 8. Not sure really.

It might make sense to change the need for an aqueduct to somewhere between 12-16 and with sewers to 20-24. Definitely sounds like a big deal but with the empire size limits there is no other way to benefit from getting some sla.... I mean additional worker population from the liberated cities :)

Now there was some option to make the game a bit harder to play with foreign citizens but I can't remember if that was with 2.6 or if that was possible with 2.5.

I'm not sure if shrinking and building 2 pop cost units can be combined. I f doable it would be expensive with virtually no prod. May need some testing.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

wieder wrote:Now there was some option to make the game a bit harder to play with foreign citizens but I can't remember if that was with 2.6 or if that was possible with 2.5.
Server option, can be clicked, simply "use nationalities" or something.
Momo

Post by Momo »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ ... of_capital

I read the lad's story in a book that i'm sure many here would be interested in, Crowds & Power.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

Corbeau wrote:
wieder wrote:Now there was some option to make the game a bit harder to play with foreign citizens but I can't remember if that was with 2.6 or if that was possible with 2.5.
Yes, it works well for 2.5 and make conquer little harder. Sometimes you must starve some native citizens and use own migrants to change population ratio...
Caedo

Post by Caedo »

Wahazar wrote:
Corbeau wrote:
Yes, it works well for 2.5 and make conquer little harder. Sometimes you must starve some native citizens and use own migrants to change population ratio...
Or just wait for a while for your foreign citizens to become integrated. You know, as a less totalitarian approach.