A Huge Fan of Civilization-like games

Finished (teamless)
wieder

Post by wieder »

Hello Katie88.

If you want to advertise stuff like that, you can do it on the Other section. However do not spam there. I will leave one post to stay but will remove multiple posts. Would be also better if you stick with one nick instead of creating a new one for each post. All the nicks will be handled as one.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

This is outright spam and one warning for such types is one too many. Burn the witch, I say! Burn her!
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

That said, I am really hoping that this was typed by a real person. If this is a spambot, the level of mimicing is... frightening.

BTW, Wieder, you're the admin, why not move this thread to Other.
Caedo

Post by Caedo »

This is so obviously a bot. Maybe the text was typed by a real person, but the post was made by a bot (or an underpaid worker in a sweatshop in south-eastern Asia). They've been appearing on the Freeciv forums from time to time, as well as on a couple of other forums I occasionally browse. Some part that appears to be kind of on topic (and might just be based on pattern-matching), and then a different part (or sometimes a signature) with a link to what they're advertising for. Judging from the fact that the "on topic" part is plain incorrect, this was either done by a bot, someone who doesn't really understand the English language, or someone masterfully imitating either of them.