Feedback

A game with advanced start and pre-built cities. Finished.
(teamless)
Sketlux

Feedback

Post by Sketlux »

In order to improve the scenario I would appreciate some feedback!

Here are some things I missed on the map:

-No or very few hills in today Poland
-Some rivers didnt end smoothly into the ocean
-The island of Rügen was missing specials

To the game itself:

-tech was too fast!
-alliances shoudnt have been allowed or somehow restricted

Ideas for a renewal:

-Add new nations like Danmark, Flanders, Bohemia... (becoming more of a 30years war)
-Maybe add some abandoned Limes

Were the longdistance roads a good thing?

Let me know what you liked/disliked or what you think about my ideas!
wieder

Post by wieder »

I didn't play but the tech speed was kind of accidentally left that fast because the setting is on the .sav file and not on the server settings. We can fix that for the next game. The same goes for tech trading. I'm guessing that it should be turned off?

Very hard to prevent alliances but one way could be making the future game one where is only one winner. This of course doesn't guarantee or prevent the players from allying but it's a start. Maybe :)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I already said this several times, but I can repeat it here. Tech should start with gunpowder and end with electricity or something like that. Tech advance should be VERY slow, maybe even tenfold so in the end people will end up with building a lot of units, and we know what happens when you have excess units.

There should be a notification when someone is building unification wonders. Maybe make the first and the last Great Wonders and all in between small ones.

Also, I was appalled to see everything except Germany turned into ocean. Not good. Kills the mood very much. Have a realistic map with neighbouring tiles done realistic because, in the end, stuff with German unification happened there, too. I mean, since you included Austria, that would be the only reasonable thing to do.

Big rivers were fine, actually a very good idea.

I didn't understand what you meant by "long distance roads".
Sketlux

Post by Sketlux »

I didn't understand what you meant by "long distance roads"
I added the roads Via Regia from Aachen to Breslau and the Via Emperii from Stettin to Augsburg to the map.
Also, I was appalled to see everything except Germany turned into ocean.
When I made the map I had only Germany in scope since I already had done a Europe scenario and it would have been much more work. It was already quite some work adding Austria shortly before this scenario begins. Also, Austria is another case than say the Netherlands. And as previously mentioned, I will add some neighbouring nations with time.
Caedo

Post by Caedo »

Sketlux wrote:
Also, I was appalled to see everything except Germany turned into ocean.
When I made the map I had only Germany in scope since I already had done a Europe scenario and it would have been much more work. It was already quite some work adding Austria shortly before this scenario begins. Also, Austria is another case than say the Netherlands. And as previously mentioned, I will add some neighbouring nations with time.
I believe only adding Germany was fine, but in the future, I'd suggest filling the rest with 'inaccessible' terrain. It just doesn't make sense to be able to go from Austria to Poland by ship.
Sketlux

Post by Sketlux »

Though I agree that the mode of transport ship was something strange, I reject being locked into a position from wich I cant escape or only have one enemy.