LW4

LW3 ended, LW4 signups not available yet.
edrim

LW4

Post by edrim »

Ok. I am thinking about LW4, I know it is little to early now, but we can think about some ways of building ruleset and have it once LW3 will be finished.

I am thinking about game without boats/air ships/heliz.
So we can make a 3 island game, and place players depends of their board affiliation to diferent boards. It will be hard but maybe we can do it in fair way to place all players on spots.
In this way tech leakage would work some different way and it could bring LW on different level.

Another idea is to make board with very low number of specials, like 1 for a city, but those specials could be very powerfull (like wheat gives 8 food or even more). So player could place cities on those specials.

We are waiting for answers if we are keep those settings:

-nobuild for settlers
-build cities only on flat
-teraforming in one way only
-larger sciencebox
maho

Post by maho »

edrim wrote:Ok. I am thinking about LW4, I know it is little to early now, but we can think about some ways of building ruleset and have it once LW3 will be finished.

So we can make a 3 island game, and place players depends of their board affiliation to diferent boards. It will be hard but maybe we can do it in fair way to place all players on spots.
So there will be one winner per island, without any ability to fight cross the sea, right? I like this idea.
In this way tech leakage would work some different way and it could bring LW on different level.

Another idea is to make board with very low number of specials, like 1 for a city, but those specials could be very powerfull (like wheat gives 8 food or even more). So player could place cities on those specials.

We are waiting for answers if we are keep those settings:

-nobuild for settlers

Yes
-build cities only on flat
or - maybe - build cities only on hills/mountains? Especially mountains? Eagle War ;).
-teraforming in one way only
or no terraforming at all.
Subfusc

Post by Subfusc »

maho wrote:
edrim wrote:Ok. I am thinking about LW4, I know it is little to early now, but we can think about some ways of building ruleset and have it once LW3 will be finished.

So there will be one winner per island, without any ability to fight cross the sea, right? I like this idea.
To expand on this idea. It could also be interesting having alliances that span across the 3 islands. Having 1 empire in the alliance per Island where the biggest alliance is the winner can add an extra dimension to the game where the alliances has to cooperate to gain the most land.

It could be interesting at least.
edrim

Post by edrim »

Ok, I like this ruleset.
It is time to send your thoughts about it.
My ideas:

-Disable bribing cities in new ruleset by reducing city by 7 (maybe less) when bribed
-Let build settlers in cities size 9 and settlers will take 8 citzens to be build.
-Reudce power of tech leakage so last person who get a tech will get it for 33% not for 1/<number of players>
-Let mine more types of tiles.
Subfusc

Post by Subfusc »

edrim wrote:Ok, I like this ruleset.
It is time to send your thoughts about it.
My ideas:

-Disable bribing cities in new ruleset by reducing city by 7 (maybe less) when bribed
-Let build settlers in cities size 9 and settlers will take 8 citzens to be build.
-Reudce power of tech leakage so last person who get a tech will get it for 33% not for 1/<number of players>
-Let mine more types of tiles.
If settlers are going to be expensive or nobuild, they should be expensive/impossible to bribe as well.
edrim

Post by edrim »

Anybody knows idea of something like that:
We are generating 3 big island game with all boards in different islands, all players playing same game but without chance to go from one isle to another.
We have a advisor to check if map is properly generated.
We can have players teamed up while in generation but advisor will edit a map to split teams.

In this way we will have a better balanced game between boards, especialy for research. All players will know what is going on on different boards.
maho

Post by maho »

> We have a advisor to check if map is properly generated.

What advisor? Who is that advisor?

How can player see what is going on on different board? How do you want to prevent leaks of maps from board observer to board player?
edrim

Post by edrim »

maho wrote:> We have a advisor to check if map is properly generated.

What advisor? Who is that advisor?

How can player see what is going on on different board? How do you want to prevent leaks of maps from board observer to board player?
Advisor: player who is not playing in this game and know how to edit a map.

Player can see if someone is RIP, or many player of specyfic board is RIPing in short time, so player can suspect tha game is going to end.

Leaks: it is a question of trust, I will pick a man who is trustable, and not playing LW4, thats all.
maho

Post by maho »

as I understand your idea, is that I'm teamed with folks from other boards, see their vision or sth like that to be able to observe game in other board. So I'm worrying about leak from player to player, not from advisor to player.
edrim

Post by edrim »

No, it is something about teamed up all player in one board into one team so maybe we can set up generator to place all teams in different boards, after that, when we have 3 big islands with players from board a in one isle, board b in another and board c on third island, advisor will check if everything is ok and split teams.
taulover

Post by taulover »

Is the removal of boats only to stop players from reaching other islands? If so, maybe it would be a good idea to leave triremes in and make sure coastal ocean between islands don't touch.
edrim

Post by edrim »

I still dont know how to set generator to place three teams on three islands. If it will be known we can discuss about another settings.
maho

Post by maho »

do you need generator to do it? Make 3 islands, generate game one by one until you have equal number of playes on each island, save, swap players inside savefile (vim savefile.sav.gz or zvim savefile.sav.gz)

@taulover: maybe make all boats to sail only on shallow water and make deep water boundaries around ...
Also, we need to remember about air units. Especially helicopters.
edrim

Post by edrim »

how to make 3 islands by generator? I dont want to see a map, I need to give savefile to advisor and do to give much work with it.

Maybe we could generate open map with pre-game of players placement, like it was in this hudge team game.
This time I can do it more transparent and without open information about placement:)
maho

Post by maho »

The easiest method to generate map is: make huge landmass huge size map, and draw cross of deep sea in the middle, with lines of cross touching edge of map. So you have 4 islands. Next erase one of them and voila ;)
edrim

Post by edrim »

we can make 4 squares filled with grassland, so everybody will get same start, but it is not a clue to give everybody fair play.

I am not going to make changes on map, or giving this job to anyone. It is only idea to place all people on one game, if I cant set generator to place one team on island I will do it like in LW1-4
edrim

Post by edrim »

Ok, I will SPAM a little.
First of all I think I have found a solution for generating a map in one game for 3 islands, it may be need some modifications but it looks like that:

-make 6 players island game with generator - one or two player on island.
-create many games like it was in LT36 and pick one which has 3 quite same islands in land capacity
-add players manualy or create game with alle players and only shuffle them, we can still add players by script, but I dont know how to do a script with my idea
edrim

Post by edrim »

Second:
I will add another topic with LW4 settings where I will add all changes to multiplayer ruleset.
First of all i will reduce number of buildings and units, then add those changes which I did in LW3
Then add maybe some more changes to have more fun
edrim

Post by edrim »

Third:

I will open LW4 signups (2 weeks), and set a test game after akfaew will back from his holiday.
edrim

Post by edrim »