LT32 ruleset is the best yet

Finished (team)
kevin551

LT32 ruleset is the best yet

Post by kevin551 »

I really enjoyed playing this ruleset and want to congratulate Elrik who adapted it for LT31 and Akfaew who updated it for LT32. It is the best longturn ruleset we have had.
wieder

Post by wieder »

This is a great ruleset, but then again the one LT30 used was more beginner friendly and it supported faster gameplay. I like both but I somehow think that this one makes the better player even better compared to the less experienced ones.

I hope I'm wrong about that :DD
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

A couple of changes I liked.

Spies had 6 moves not the default 9. This is a good idea. Spies are already way too powerful. The restriction on enemy rail-roads is good in preventing their infinite movement. Lowering the movement points to 6 helps further. It would be great if the act of poisoning a city had a chance that was set in the ruleset rather than just automatic 100%

Howitzers also had 6 moves. This is an increase from the default 3. With the extra moves howitzers are the unit of choice to clear up the battlefield at the very end of the game.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

What I think is the biggest mistake in this ruleset is the techloss settings.
We debated this in two polls before the game - I argued for no tech sharing.
see my comments
http://forum.longturn.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2430#p2430
and
http://forum.longturn.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2453#p2453
In retrospect I was correct - allowing tech to be transferred between teams was a mistake.
The actual impact of allowing tech sharing was just to slow the game down.

In a team game techlost_recv_100 AND techlost_donor_0 should be the setting.

The impact of random tech loss was even worse. It leads to lots of stupid features.
Example - our team lost the tech advanced flight, nukes had to be fired the same turn because next turn they would lose movement points.