Game Over - Silent Spear has won.

Finished (team)
kevin551

Game Over - Silent Spear has won.

Post by kevin551 »

Thanks to everyone for making this game fun.
Thanks especially to my team. All 8 of us survived until the end.
Having an open map and choosing starting positions made this much more of a strategy game than any previous longturn game.
All active players are now RIP.
Congratulations to the Knights for playing well and coming 2nd in this longest ever game.

Officially the game ends when all the idlers are killed off. Or surrender.
So Archont if you are still around write a surrender note here in the next 24 hours before we kill off your last city.
The other idlers Det0r, Ankka, Deragh and Tiger will be killed off later today.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

Congrats to Silent Spear for their victory.

I agree this was a great strategy game with the open map and choosing starting positions.

Good times! Thanks for akfaew and edrim for administering!
pipo

Post by pipo »

Thank you cgalik, this was indeed an interesting game with very interesting players and ruleset.

My most fun game so far, and the only one I know, with a clear win.

My team mates did work hard (a lot harder than me), but we were also very lucky in multiples ways, including having
a team that was not eroded over time by absense or idling.

I wish to thank everybody for a great game. My ennemies, for showing me on multiple occasions my own faults,
my team, for showing my ennemies their faults, and Kevin for a great leadership.

I wish to thank also edrim and akfaew for their work on supporting the server, etc.

I will not be playing any LT games for a year or two but I would like to
try some LTeX (of anykind).

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." -- Aristotle

I like to quote people, it reminds me that I am not as smart as I think I am.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

Thanks Kryon will be great to see an animated map of our advance.
The Silent Spear team was kevin551, wieder, pipo, bamskamp, StratThinker, jumangee, sandain, taulover.
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

akfaew wrote:Congratulations to Wieder, whose attack was the one that decided the fate of the game.

Victory belongs to team SS, but this was a lame victory. During a period of agreed peace this team would block our rails and attack our units. Around 20 of our units were killed, one fort emptied and taken and one city emptied and taken. As retaliation for the constant random killings we stole their techs. This diplomatic action caused them to nuke our cities attacking us before the end period of the peace ended. They also backstabbed and killed team Shriekers after Xercise left, but I don't know the details. While backstabbing and griefing are all well and good with the rules of Longturn, it leaves a bitter distaste.

Here are some screenshots of our team: http://akfaew.jasminek.net/crap/longturn/LT32/ - bewere, those are 20MB each.
kevin should thank hasp, xercise, etc for making unwinnable vietnam war with our team, otherwise it would have been easy victory for our team. also, hasp killed a huge 200+ unit force that was waiting on border to attack Kevin and bamskamp near end before we resigned. if not for this cowardly hit by hasp on our defenseless "peacekeepers" we may have actually won! so you should give your mvp trophy to hasp ;)
wieder

Post by wieder »

Thanks everyone, lots of stuff happened during the game.

Just out of curiosity, mmm2:

"hasp killed a huge 200+ unit force that was waiting on border to attack Kevin and bamskamp"

How was that possible? Are you saying your team actually had 200+ units in one tile, outside a city and without a fort? You should never do something like that. Really.
mmm2

Post by mmm2 »

we cannot tell any other secret than what was told :)
wieder

Post by wieder »

Yeah.

In that case you shouldn't have attacked Hasp with 200+ troops if he was able to kill those :PPP

Why did you stop playing anyway?

You did have lots of units in your cities and those could have been used for a massive operation. At least if you had rails. That's another mystery. You had the technology but didn't seem to want to build a rails network. It's really hard to play against enemy with rails if you don't have the same option.

Yeah, and we can't fight another war in lw1 :DDD
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

mmm2 - it appears you have overtaken akfaew for the award of dumbest move of the game.
leaving 200+ units stacked out in the open not on a fortress surely beats leaving your palace weakly defended.
Or does it?
Xercise

Post by Xercise »

Congrats to all!

It was a great game - sorry I had to leave early.

Cheers, Xercise