The winning conditions and the ruleset for LT53

Teams, based on warclient setup
wieder

The winning conditions and the ruleset for LT53

Post by wieder »

Here you have the rules and winning conditions for LT53:

Because of the late time of posting this, the admin may update the winning conditions during T0. No big changes. Unless the rules are finalized before the start. We need comments about idler handling.

All players, we are planning to record the in-game actions for a replay. Because of the late announcement any player playing the game can object this and the recording will not be published. In this case the recordings would be used for development purposes only.

Here is the ruleset:

https://github.com/longturn/games/commits/master/LT53

New rule regarding delegations:

Idlers can be replaced by new players. However because of balancing issues, the other team can object and prevent the replacement player from joining the game. In this case the team is however allowed to exceed the delegation limits if the alternative would be having an idling nation.

IDLER HANDLING:

If an idler is not replaced the team will have one week to move for the idler. After that week the idler needs to be delegated to a player with less score than the delegated player. If no one else has less score the player can be delegated to a player with the lowest possible score.

After that one week, if the player moving for the idler has more score, the team is allowed to login and move for the idler 2 times during the next 5 turns. How to know what is a 5 turn slot? The game is divided into 5 turns slots for this purpose. 0-4, 5-9, 10-14 etc... If the slot is not full 5 turns after the week of going idle, it's allowed to move 1 or 2 times. 1 times for 1-2 turns and 2 times for 3-4 turns. The other team can choose to enforce this rule or ignore it. It can be negotiated. If enforced the idler needs to remain untouched for those other 3 turns during the 5 turn slot. The penalty may be removal of the delegation for few turns and this is decided by the game admin.

If it's ok to the other team, the delegated player can be delegated to anyone with no login limitations. The teams can negotiate about this. The intention is to avoid situations where the best players also play the delegated nations.

However: no idler limitations for the first 20 turns.

If you stay online more than 6 hours during one turn, any player can ask the admin to kick you out of the game. The kick out time is a short one. Playing for more than 1 nations makes this time 8 hours and that's the max.

Winning conditions, several possibilities to win or end the game:

Team victory. The winners need to announce the victory on the forum and if no one alive objects in 5 days the game will end. That's 5*24h. Player with a delegation can object.

The game can also be ended by for claiming an in-game score based victory. In this case the players are ranked with the in-game score. There are full 7 days (7*24h) to object this and the game admin needs to approve the score based ending of the game. This kind of ending is unusual and the approving is there just to make sure it's not somehow accidental or something like that. Common sense will be used and the game will not be artificially extended by disapproving this. If needed the game admin will /take nations for getting the score. Preferably someone from both teams would publish the scores. This will require someone to have embassies with everyone.

Server ending the game will result players ranked with the score. This doesn't mean admin ending the game if it doesn't happen because of some other winning condition being matched.

If everyone alive is surrendering or announcing to quit playing the game will be ended. Idling for more than 3 turns equals to that.

Since this is a team game, any team member may be delegated to another team member if someone is idler (not online) for full turn. That means actual turn, not 23 hours. In this case ask for admin to delegate. It's not guaranteed that the admin is there to delegate so please have the delegations set up beforehand.

All players can have a delegation set up for all the time. If someone goes idle, a pre-defined player can take over.

One player should only control one nation + one delegated nation at once. However with the permission of the admin one player can control more nations for a short time. Short time is less than a week. If this is exceeded there must a a really really really good reason for that and the admin will decide if the reason is good enough. It should really be a good one. New players joining the game after start can have 0 + 1 nations delegated while those playing from the start can have 1 + 1.

You can only delegate for players in the same team. All the other delegations will be set by the admin or with the permission of the admin. See the chance to object delegating idlers to new players.
There may be administrative actions if a player plays against his/her team or tries to do similar stuff. In this case the account of this player may be disabled and/or the nation of that player may be given away. It's even possible (while unlikely) to remove a player from a team. Let's play fair game, have fun and this is not necessary.

The game admin will interpret the rules of there is a problem. If there is trouble interpreting the rules we will ask that on the forum/discord/in-game chat.

If there is a game breaking bug the ruleset can be fixed. If it's just an annoyance or like a really powerful but cheap unit, a change is not made. Again, common sense. This is not done without something really serious happening. The game help can be fixed while the game is running but it may not be updated to the actual game since it requires a reload.

The github comments are documenting the changes made to the ruleset and the in-game help is a pretty good one. Just remember that it's possible that there are errors even while we have tried to fix the in-game help texts. You can also ask me and the others here, on irc or on discord about the game.

If there is a real issue of players not playing the game, the admin can allow the players to exceed the delegation limits. This is to keep the game fair.

Good luck with LT53 and have fun!
Last edited by wieder on Wed May 27, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louis94

Post by louis94 »

wieder wrote: If an idler is not replaced the team will have one week to move for the idler. After that one week the team is allowed to login and move for the idler 2 times during 5 turns. How to know what is the 5 turn slot? The game is divided into 5 turns slots for this purpose. 0-4, 5-9, 10-14 etc... If the slot is not full 5 turns after the week of going idle, it's allowed to move 1 or 2 times. 1 times for 1-2 turns and 2 times for 3-4 turns.

I really didn't know how to say that. the players can move for the ilders but only for a week, every turn
after that they can move only twice for each 5 turns
and the 5 turn slots are defined like that on the post
because with no slots it would be impossible to know when someone can move and impossible to track if someone already moved
the slots define when those 2 turns can be used
the idler need to remain untouched for those other 3 turns
Not being able to buy every turn will seriously affect the game. If the idea is to prevent top player from running too many nations, simply require that the score of the replacement player be lower than that of the idler. This can be checked by sharing a screen of the team scores with the admin.
ilkkachu

Post by ilkkachu »

I propose ending the game with a score-based ranking. Proposal in another thread: http://forum.longturn.net/viewtopic.php?id=1375
wieder

Post by wieder »

The score based ending is now pending and will happen in 7*24 hours if no one with an alive nation objects.

This time the final scores will be taken from the time when the game ends so everyone can try to improve the ranking while the we wait for the end.

Please post the final scores when the game ends. On the forum or on discord.
fran

Post by fran »

I dissent.

Practically I had waited with that until shortly before the deadline.
The reason I post it now is I want to spare those that want to leave
to play the next turns for the wrong reasons.

It is a matter of course for me that everybody that wants to leave does so
whenever he wishes and for everybody that wants to stay to stay as long as
he wants.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

"Officially ending the game" isn't equal to "shutting the server down".
fran

Post by fran »

Corbeau wrote:"Officially ending the game" isn't equal to "shutting the server down".
I stick to what I've been told here viewtopic.php?pid=10342#p10342

So far no player placed importance on that difference anyway.
Last edited by fran on Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Just to make sure, fran, you object ending the official part of the game even if it continues to run unofficially?

At the moment I count you reply as objecting to end the game with the score ending.
fran

Post by fran »

wieder wrote:Just to make sure, fran, you object ending the official part of the game even if it continues to run unofficially?

At the moment I count you reply as objecting to end the game with the score ending.
I want the real game to continue with the players that want that. Whatever you declare official or unofficial, what scores you take, when you take them, what you do with them, is absolutely not my concern.
louis94

Post by louis94 »

fran wrote:
wieder wrote:Just to make sure, fran, you object ending the official part of the game even if it continues to run unofficially?

I want the real game to continue with the players that want that. Whatever you declare official or unofficial, what scores you take, when you take them, what you do with them, is absolutely not my concern.
I think that you understand the two purposes of the "official" ending:
  1. Decide the winner. Some people play to win.
  2. Don't force players to keep playing a game if there is no interest. So after the official ending, usually most players will go idle. Delegation restrictions are also pretty much lifted to keep the game interesting for the remaining players.
In addition, if there is a server crash ended games may not be resumed unless explicitly asked.

In your statement, I understand that "the players that want that" are the ones who would keep playing after the official game end. So I take that you don't object; correct me if I'm wrong.
fran

Post by fran »

I do not understand at all what you are writing. It's a bunch of prejudices, insinuations and inconsistencies.

I object the proposal that was made. Here and now.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

fran wrote:I do not understand at all what you are writing. It's a bunch of prejudices, insinuations and inconsistencies.
Oh gods! It's another Lexxie! They are multiplying!