Questions

Advice, tricks, strategies and best practices about how to build a great empire.
Vladimir

Questions

Post by Vladimir »

sorry, what is the button "confirm" in the page of new tournament? http://longturn.org/game/LT47/ why is it needed?
[em]Civ[/em]
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Because asking people to confirm some time after they signed up reduces the number of idlers.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

I mean, I have to click? To get a green tick? But all is still the red cross. Why they don't clicked? Even wieder ?

and why the graph with the red cross / green tick is called "PC"? it seemed to me that this consent management to thee under the computer)
Last edited by Vladimir on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

i see on all screenshots top projection of gameplay. How change in game View from the Top?
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

tournament... But i not understand. Now, i connected to going LT42. Why i may play for any player?? its not right!

it turns out anyone can intervene in a game the other! Let's say I started to play for their nation. And here in a few days I reconnectivity. Immediately behind me runs into another man and smacks my entire game! I go to the next day and see the mess! So what happens?

and why between running games in the client - no have LT45?
[em]Civ[/em]
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

You can't play any player, you can only /take player which you are assigned or delegated to.

Ot something goes wrong?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Ok, first:
You can only join a game before it starts

After it starts, you can take an idler, but you need to communicate here or on Discord that you wish to do so.

If you want to play future games, those would be LT46 and on. One will start in a few weeks (I think).
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Also, Vladimir, it seems you are using Google Translate (or something). It would be useful if you coudl post messages in BOTH Google English AND your native English. We have many different native speakers here who may clarify the bad points of translation.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

A few more answers:

PC is probably "Player Confirmed". And yes, you need to click "Confirm".

To change "view", go to Options -> Local Client -> Tileset, and check which suits you most.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

That's longturn ;)

1. Go to the LT47 page and CONFIRM participation.

2. Download the client (2.6 or 2.5, we'll see about that in the next 12 days)

3. Once the game has started (it will be announced here and on Discord)_
- open client
- Connect to internet game
- host: longturn.org
- port: 5047
- play
- repeat until dead
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Wahazar wrote:You can't play any player, you can only /take player which you are assigned or delegated to.
but now. i connect to LT42. (screen)

then take ANY player:

and i may play for him!
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Corbeau wrote: If you want to play future games, those would be LT46 and on. One will start in a few weeks (I think).
Yes, but why LT46 now - omitted? first 45, then 47...
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Corbeau wrote:BOTH Google English AND your native English.
i myself have translated) Now, I will use a computer translator.
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Corbeau wrote: To change "view", go to Options -> Local Client -> Tileset, and check which suits you most.
but I have not found...

yes, units have different view, but where 2D-map?
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Very_very_long_username wrote: Also how do I chat in private with another player?
I think you mean here is: Checkbox "Only allies"
Last edited by Vladimir on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Corbeau wrote: 2. Download the client (2.6 or 2.5, we'll see about that in the next 12 days)
please 2.6 !!

in 2.5.10 GTK+2 Client - i have some errors...
[em]Civ[/em]
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

Vladimir wrote:
but now. i connect to LT42. (screen)
That was not 'the' LT42 hosted by longturn.org but a random game running on metaserver with LT42 settings.
Vladimir wrote:
Very_very_long_username wrote: Also how do I chat in private with another player?
I think you mean here is: Checkbox "Only allies"
http://forum.freeciv.org/f/download/fil ... d=1486&t=1
Freeciv client - Help - Chatline wrote:The client has a primitive chat interface. The lines you type are sent to all players, or only to your allies if the client is configured for that, except:

- Messages starting with '/' are interpreted as server commands and executed, if you have the required access level.

- Messages starting with 'John:' are private messages to 'John'. Names can be abbreviated, or surrounded with double-quotes if they have spaces. The server looks for players named 'John' and if that fails tries to match a username beginning with 'John' (like 'Johnathan').

- Messages starting with 'John::' are private messages as above, but will match only users (not players) named 'John'. A user name 'Johnathan' will still be matched.

- Messages starting with ':' will be sent to everyone (even if your client is configured to send only to allies by default).

- Messages starting with '.' will be sent only to all your allies (or, if you're a global observer, only to other global observers).
Vladimir wrote:where 2D-map?
The map is defined by the server running the game and the client uses a respective tileset to display it. The map in this case is set as 'Isometric'. I'm assuming this is a local game satarted by yourself. If you want the map to be flat 2D then you should uncheck the 'Isometric' checkbox in More Game Options... Geological tab - Map topology index group when starting a new game.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

About "2D map", just choose Trident tileset.
HanduMan

Post by HanduMan »

Corbeau wrote:About "2D map", just choose Trident tileset.
Not that simple with 2.6. As the screenshots show, trident is already chosen for non-isometric square ("Overhead") maps. So the map generated by the server must also be of non-isometric square topology for that tileset to be used by the client.
wieder

Post by wieder »

I have hard time understanding what's going on with the 2.6 maps. What's the problem for changing between trident and amplio like with 2.5? After all the maps work just the same and there is no difference between how the maps are used. They just look different.

Indeed there is no choice to choose between trident and amplio in 2.6 like there is with 2.5. How this can be solved? Some people need amplio and some trident. Or similar implementations.
Wahazar

Post by Wahazar »

wieder wrote:I have hard time understanding what's going on with the 2.6 maps. What's the problem for changing between trident and amplio like with 2.5? After all the maps work just the same and there is no difference between how the maps are used. They just look different.
Indeed there is no choice to choose between trident and amplio in 2.6 like there is with 2.5. How this can be solved? Some people need amplio and some trident. Or similar implementations.
Each topology have its own pulldown menu with appropriate tilesets assigned.
In my opinion is is too strict, overhead and iso is not a real topology, there should be only distinction between hex and square topology.
Anyway, one can just write any other tileset manually and choose it (this pulldown menu is editable).
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Wahazar wrote:...there should be only distinction between hex and square topology.
yes it is right!
[em]Civ[/em]
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

HanduMan wrote:'Isometric' checkbox...
you are very lucidly explained to all! thank you! I finally figured out what was happening.

now I'm ready for the battle. my guns loaded and my sails blowing in the wind...
Last edited by Vladimir on Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[em]Civ[/em]
Zamolxis

Post by Zamolxis »

I have a problem with city governor; sometimes the settings aren't saved. Logout/login and I see lot of time lost because this...