LT51 to start soon

Finished (2 teams)
wieder

LT51 to start soon

Post by wieder »

All the new players, please confirm you are playing. And others too :)

There will be two team captains: cgalik and kevin who will be picking the teams and also need to know that you are an active player who will communicate with the rest of the team. Communication is important in a team game. If you want to play solo then maybe sign up for LT52. It will be a teamless game where you can build your empire alone if you wish - or talk with the others.

I've set the start date to February 17th (Monday) but as usual, the game may not start exactly that date. This time it's more likely since most of the testing is already done and setting up the teams should not be that hard.

Team captains: please comment here what kind of communication you want. Also let me know if you want me to send the players mail. I need to do that by hand so please limit the number of mails to those players who you can't contact :)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I don't want to play, but will anyone allow me to peek over their shoulder? (By delegation) I promise not to touch anything, I don't want to touch anything! I'd just like to see a team game without pressure of other people relying on me :)
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

-
A suggested team list

Buccaneers - Red: Team captain Cgalik
---------------------
cgalik::Slovakian
Dim::Ukrainian
Ignatus::Karelian
kamBLR::Soviet
louis94::Siberian
Vladimir::Uzbek
mmm2::Miao
ektor::
mrheffern::

Corsairs - Blue: Team captain Kevin551
---------------------
chill::Roman
kevin551::Pirate
sigur::Kalmyk
soon::Chananean
xandr::Aleut
Zamolxis::Thracian
Zoe::
Asdrubaldone::
bombo555::

Please comment if you want to change teams, or be added.
Also please join the test game beforehand.
Sketlux

Post by Sketlux »

Sign me up for replacement in case someone goes idle.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

-
Sketlux - you have been picked by cgalik.
Latest team list

---------------------
cgalik::Slovakian
Dim::Ukrainian
Ignatus::Karelian
kamBLR::Soviet
louis94::Siberian
Vladimir::Uzbek
mmm2::Miao
ektor::
mrheffern::
Sketlux::

---------------------
chill::Roman
kevin551::Pirate
sigur::Kalmyk
soon::Chananean
xandr::Aleut
Zamolxis::Thracian
Zoe::
Asdrubaldone::
bombo555::
dion::
sigur

Post by sigur »

...so what we have come up with is this:

team Corsairs:
LT49: soon, mmm2, kevin551 (captain), Zamolxis, sigur, kahndle, chill, xandr, Paderborner
LT51: soon, kevin551 (captain), Zamolxis, sigur, chill, xandr, Zoe, Asdrubaldone, bombo555, dion

team Buccaneers:
LT49: cgalik (captain), Vladimir, kamBLR, Dim, Ignatus, Alfred, louis94, Oleg_Olegovich, Spark
LT51: cgalik (captain), Vladimir, kamBLR, Dim, Ignatus, louis94, mmm2, ektor, mrheffern, Sketlux

i respectfully disagree with the result of the selection process so far, because it is near identical to the previous team game.
maybe we should try a fair dice roll? this world even has: h..ps://commentpicker.com/youtube.php
or is it the plan to have basically the same teams playing again? if so, why pick at all?
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I thought the idea was that it is identical. As in "rematch". That's what most players asked for.
Dim

Post by Dim »

Mmm2 will not participate in this game?
Dim

Post by Dim »

Sorry. I saw him. Why is he on the team of Сgalik? And where is Zoltan?
I agreed that the rematch. And that means everything should match LT49 as much as possible. Although of course I am not against new players.
Dim

Post by Dim »

nutzer, You are absolutely wrong. This is MATCH REVENUE. Therefore, I would like the basics of the teams to correspond to LT49.
P.S. Do you realize the meaning of the word "REVENGE"? If so, you must understand me. To understand how I want to hear the rattle of the tracks of the tanks of my army on the bridge roads of the capitals of the countries of Kevin and Mmm2)))
Dim

Post by Dim »

New players are not a problem. But I would like the players who were in LT49 to remain in the same teams.
wieder

Post by wieder »

Sorry about this. I have probably accidentally dropped out the rematch from the desc. of the game.

Most players should remain in the same team they were in LT49 but some players are not playing and some like mmm2 are switching teams for other good reasons.

I'm sure LT51 will be a nice game and those who want something else can join LT52. LY52 is going to be a teamless game and with some nice new features we will release most likely next week.
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

wieder wrote:... and some like mmm2 are switching teams for other good reasons...
I am sure this is a typo and what you meant to say is
wieder wrote:... and some like mmm2 are switching teams for other bad reasons...
Anyway, let's get this game started. How about March 15th. The day for settling old debts.
cgalik

Post by cgalik »

Ok been so long, we are finally trying to start. If interested in joining, please join Discord and contact me, cgalik#3647 and/or Kevin551 to make sure you get in the game. Otherwise if you don't get in at the start, still contact us if you want to be a replacement player.
wieder

Post by wieder »

the game will start when we have the final confirmations from the team captains. Meaning any moment. The first turn will be extended as usual.
Ututen

Post by Ututen »

Who are the team captains?
kevin551

Post by kevin551 »

---------------------

-

Ututen - you will be on my team - currently as first reserve.
Can you join discord and look for the lt51 thread in the 'League of Civs' server.
post a message there and I'll join you to the Corsairs team chat.
Last edited by kevin551 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.